Debian 9

Fwiw I asked this in a ticket a few days ago and John said they were working on it. Once beta is out the "Debian 9" subforum should also be added.

Yeah, it's possible to select a license for it now, though still marked as alpha. So time to test soon :)

As far as I heard, it's using OpenSSL 1.1. Note that only PHP 7.x will work with it.

I highly doubt that. These patches are unofficial.

Sure, unofficial in the sense that php.net doesn't use them. But the deb.sury.org repo does use them, and the guy who maintains that repo (Ondřej Surý) also maintains the official Debian PHP packages. I do place some value/trust in that and do think it's worth looking into as a signifcant amount of people still use PHP 5.6. It's not EOL yet.

PHP 5.6 is now supported with OpenSSL 1.1 (Debian 9) in CustomBuild 2.0 rev. 1689.

"PHP 5.6 is now supported with OpenSSL 1.1 (Debian 9) in CustomBuild 2.0 rev. 1689."

Thanks!

Hello,
during installation in debian 9 with the default settings i have see this error:

usr/local/icu/include -I/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-5.6.31/ext/mbstring/oniguruma -I/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-5.6.31/ext/mbstring/libmbfl -I/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-5.6.31/ext/mbstring/libmbfl/mbfl -I/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-5.6.31/ext/sqlite3/libsqlite -I/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-5.6.31/ext/zip/lib -I/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-5.6.31/TSRM -I/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-5.6.31/Zend -I/usr/local/include -g -O2 -fvisibility=hidden -c /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-5.6.31/ext/phar/dirstream.c -o ext/phar/dirstream.lo
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-5.6.31/ext/phar/util.c: In function 'phar_verify_signature':
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-5.6.31/ext/phar/util.c:1534:15: error: storage size of 'md_ctx' isn't known
EVP_MD_CTX md_ctx;
^~~~~~
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-5.6.31/ext/phar/util.c:1633:5: warning: implicit declaration of function 'EVP_MD_CTX_cleanup' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
EVP_MD_CTX_cleanup(&md_ctx);
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Makefile:1342: recipe for target 'ext/phar/util.lo' failed
make: *** [ext/phar/util.lo] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Cannot find /usr/local/bin/php
Please recompile php with custombuild, eg:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build all d

This appears to be a 64-bit system.
a common cause of http/php compile failures is mentioned here:
http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=213

Patch has been updated on files1.directadmin.com (up to 24h for other mirrors to catch-up). Please test it now :) Thank you!

Back