ImageMagick installed - CB error before updating PHP7

BBM

Verified User
I recently installed ImageMagick (or so I tried and managed to do so for the most part I think).

Now when using CB;
# ./build update
&
# ./build versions

an error is shown:

Code:
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/php71/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20160303/imagick.so' - /usr/local/php71/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20160303/imagick.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
Latest version of PHP 7.1: 7.1.8
Installed version of PHP 7.1: 7.1.7

PHP 7.1: 7.1.7 to 7.1.8 update is available.

Seems that the ImageMagick-install attempt is causing some issues.
With the confusing multitude of ImageMagick install-tutorials online, I probably have missed a step in the installation.

PHPinfo shows ImageMagick installed.
I have 2 versions of PHP running: php56 and php71 (on the 2nd release).

Any leads on how to fix the error first before I go ahead with updating PHP?

I've narrowed it down to a version problem.
But I can't seem to fix the issue.

I have 2 php releases;
-php1: 5.6
-php2: 7.1

I downloaded and installed the latest ImageMagick files: 3.4.3

Tried focussing on installing Imagick only for php7.1 but I still keep getting the mismatch notice at Custombuild:

Code:
Starting php-fpm71: [13-Aug-2017 02:44:43] NOTICE: PHP message: PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: imagick: Unable to initialize module
Module compiled with module API=20131226
PHP    compiled with module API=20160303
These options need to match
 in Unknown on line 0

Quite possible, but at the moment I'm not quite sure of anything with this.
Imagick seems to have a clumsy way of getting installed properly with quite some steps to do. Seeing other people with installation issues on the net too and found a number of varying installation-manuals.

What I don't get is, that I've located/used the latest version of Imagick (v3.4.3 Release date:2017-02-01).
That would be the 'Module' I think. I don't understand why that still gets shown as some old version '20131226'.
While PHP seems to have been build with a 20160303 version.

I'm sure I'll probably be missing something crucial in my steps and I also think something is not done right with 'phpize' perhaps.

It may be that when you used the phpize command (not sure you did), you actually used the older PHP version ones instead of the latest one.

May be worth a check, if you did run it, check which one was using which phpize

If the path sounds "funny", try to find the one for the right PHP in your disk (cannot say where it is, never used PHP-FPM so far but should be somewhere in /usr/local/lib/php-7/bin/ example) and re-install ImageMagik using the full path of the PHP 7 phpize binary file, that may fix your error.

Best regards

I recall having used phpize on both php-versions and directories (php56 and php71), thinking I needed to do this for both php-releases.
Also tried phpize on just the php71 directory later on, but that still didn't do the trick.

Honestly I don't know, to me looks like the phpize used it is the problem actually, maybe someone else will be other ideas.

Did you manage to do this? I am attempting to install IMagicK soon, but I see various guides, just do not want to mess anything up, over 100 accounts on one server....

No, I never got it installed and running properly *I think* because I also started noticing warnings during regular yum-updates.
So I deleted (just about) everything related again shortly after to not put my server's stability at risk.
Too much hassle for something I didn't quite need in the end.

I installed this on 2 servers, and all went ok....

Make sure you phpize each under the correct php version(s)........

I added the .so line in its own ini in /usr/local/phpxx/lib/php.conf.d/

Back