Restoring not working

jet1972

Verified User
Tried to restore Admin Backup (Debian 7) to Debian 9.

Seems to work on backups that do not contain database, but not with database in it.

Directadmin does not give any message to the ticket system when the restore fails.

Kind regards,
Jan

Last edited:
Hi

I am having the same issue. :(
No ticket either !

Mysql is reporting this error :
2017-08-16 7:26:07 140278061684480 [Warning] Aborted connection 21 to db: 'unconnected' user: 'da_admin' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)

Attempted to connect to mysql with user da_admin and password as mentioned in /usr/local/directadmin/conf/my.cnf and it works OK !
Databases directories are created but contain only db.opt file.

Regards,
Dan

Last edited:
Hi

I am having the same issue. :(
No ticket either !

Mysql is reporting this error :
2017-08-16 7:26:07 140278061684480 [Warning] Aborted connection 21 to db: 'unconnected' user: 'da_admin' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)

Attempted to connect to mysql with user da_admin and password as mentioned in /usr/local/directadmin/conf/my.cnf and it works OK !
Databases directories are created but contain only db.opt file.

Hope this will be fixed ASAP.

Kind regards,
Jan

It has been a week since reported and still no solution..?

Kind regards,
Jan

Installed the pre-release bins.

I assume the segfaulting version did create some files and it's preventing correct re-install from backups.

I get the message that restore was succesfull but the List Users in Reseller Level is empty..

How to remove a domain and all related files, databases and user from command line?

Kind regards,
Jan

Last edited:
It works nicely John !
On a fresh Debian9/Directadmin server, no problem to restore users and databases from old server !

Thanks !

Dan

Back