I reset csf to defualt and now no access to ports

alipour66m

Verified User
I have reset my CSF to default and now all my custom port are denied.
and ssh port
I have no access to directadmin and ssh
what should i do now?
I have mysql root only
is it possible to disable CSF from mysql?

How did you reset CSF to default if you don't have normal root access?
And who does have root access? Since that person should be able to help you now.

If you have DA admin rights, you can use the editor and enable port 2222 again in csf. However I'm curious how you "reset" your CSF to default (which default?) without root?

You can do that in csf user panel menu, problem is the default is not good for DA.

(this with the csf plugin for DA (admin) doesn't have the right changes for a DA installation, if you use that option you lock yourself out of DA! )

So lesson sorry i don't know how to solve, but read everytime with such things what default settings are ( is in a readme on the CSf site i did the reading when i had some probs in the past and then you know don't use this option!), while oft is something back to basic default not so good!

You can find this setting at backup restore configuration/settings in CSF plugin menu.. "firewall profiles"

(so the csf.conf is replaced with a default csf.conf one which is one used for Cpanel or sofar i then checked, so no DA ports and so on in this default conf)

Should be in testing mode by default?
reset_to_defaults
This is the installation default profile and will reset all csf.conf settings, including enabling TESTING mode

Everyone warning you should check with the option compare configurations first

the default yes shame from a da plugin has this for example in it::
/var/cpanel/ssl/cpanel/mycpanel.pem

Last edited:
How did you reset CSF to default if you don't have normal root access?
And who does have root access? Since that person should be able to help you now.

If you have DA admin rights, you can use the editor and enable port 2222 again in csf. However I'm curious how you "reset" your CSF to default (which default?) without root?

It's very simple, before reseting CSF I could access port 2222 (it's clear)
when u reset CSF to defualt it will remove port 2222 from firewall
as I have changed my ssh defualt port , I cann't access to my terminal either.
I'm using hetzner server
I can access ROBOT area.
It's very bad accident. NO access to DA and no access to SSH (ports are block)

I only can access my site admin and phpmyadmin root (da_admin)

I found the real solution
I accessed to DA from my server ip (glype)
it allowed me to disable CSF
hooora

Also Hetzner servers have root access, we got a couple there too.:)
You also could use the DA editor as I mentioned to enable port 2222 again.

But you disabled csf so you have a workaround. Downside of this workaround is that you don't have a firewall anymore now.
I would suggest somebody with root access to fix it for you. ;)

Back