Cancel Scheduled Backups on Defunct Server? SSH?

sdible

Verified User
So I had my sites with a company that offered DA as the control panel. The company went defunct and I downsized and moved everything to shared hosting. I killed all of the accounts except for the main VPS admin account.

Even though the provider stopped offering DA hosting, the account and server IP remains active. I can reach the DA login page at IP:2222, but I get an error that the license is expired. I guess I wrongly assumed that the account would be deleted. However, here we are two years later and it's still running.

So here is the problem...

I had set up automated weekly Backups of my sites to go to a local FTP server which I have since disabled. So, I get a nice weekly reminder that my backup had failed for that domain. There is really no data there, but the weekly reminder over two years that a defunct account is still active is annoying. I've tried reaching out to support, but it seems they are no longer responsive.

I do still have access via SSH. Is there a way that I can log in and kill that automated backup? I imagine that it's a cron somewhere, but I can't seem to locate it. It doesn't help that I'm trying to do it from my phone.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

The list of backup tasks that the admin created is placed in a file /usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/backup_crons.list if you have access to the ssh you can go in and delete all the tasks in this file.
Sorry for my English

The list of backup tasks that the admin created is placed in a file /usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/backup_crons.list if you have access to the ssh you can go in and delete all the tasks in this file.
Sorry for my English

Thanks.

Your English was fine. That's exactly where they were.

Okay....

So is there anything else I should cleanup to remove any information that may be hanging around?

Thanks.

Back