Error during automated certificate renewal for hostname

dannyvdknaap

since the last updates i get an error 'Error during automated certificate renewal for hostname.com'
Code:
Getting challenge for mailvps.redloyalty.nl from acme-server...
Waiting for domain verification...
Challenge is valid.
Getting challenge for mail.mailvps.redloyalty.nl from acme-server...
Waiting for domain verification...
Challenge is valid.
Generating 4096 bit RSA key for mailvps.redloyalty.nl...
openssl genrsa 4096 > "/usr/local/directadmin/data/users/mailvps/domains/mailvps.redloyalty.nl.key.new"
Generating RSA private key, 4096 bit long modulus
...........................................................++
.....................................................................................................................................................................++
e is 65537 (0x10001)
Size of certificate response is smaller than 500 characters, it means something went wrong. Printing response...

<br>

In the past i could renew it by hand in the command line but now i get the same error there to.

Does someone know how i can fix this ?

debug

I did some debug and what i receive was an base64 json string
{
"type": "urn:acme:error:rateLimited",
"detail": "Error creating new cert :: too many certificates already issued for exact set of domains: hostname.com",
"status": 429
}

I dont understand how this is happening lets encrypt certificate renew is done by directadmin

Problems with LE first-ever registration

I have been using LE since the start and with DA for a year or so without any problems. Today I successfully transferred a shop to us from the previous registrar, a .com one. The very first time I started to get a certificate for it I stumbled to this problem:

Code:
openssl genrsa 4096 > "/usr/local/directadmin/data/users/rajanase/domains/rajanase.com.key.new"
Generating RSA private key, 4096 bit long modulus
.................................................++
.................++
e is 65537 (0x10001)
Size of certificate response is smaller than 500 characters, it means something went wrong. Printing response...
Error creating new cert :: too many certificates already issued for exact set of domains: rajanase.com,www.rajanase.com: see https://letsencrypt.org/docs/rate-limits/
This was the first time I tried to get a certificate for that domain and I seem to be out of limits already. Anybody else seen this? I did generate the certificate for the .fi domain (only once, and it is a different domain).

If the error message is telling the truth then the previous registrar must have used up the limit during the past week. Any other explanations?

Markku

Back