RSpamd stable?

It's not quite done yet, but I was again working on it last night.
Was able to get it compiled and rspamd binary "running" on a CentOS 7 box (CentOS 6 has issues due to old python.. but will work on that once we have a working sample)
I've also got a good first attempt at the rspamd exim config files, to be included in exim.conf 4.6 and ESF 1.17. Not tested yet (not even for syntax), but the project is moving forward, which is a good sign ;)

I've designed it to require ESF to be installed (might even work with older exim.conf versions, since all of the includes are from ESF).

John

Hi John,

Thanks for the update but i am confused.

If it is not ready then why is it available in Production DA to be used instead of SpamAssassin? along with option to install rspamd with Custombuild?

It's only in production if you use it. It's not ready to be used ;)
The CustomBuild portion itself is "implemented" (aside from sorting compile issues on some OSs), which is why it's there.
It's the exim configs and per-User rspamd configs which still needs doing, hence the "not ready yet".

Sorry for the confusion :)

John

Not production ready, we've been working on DA/skin features/fixes.

I believe one client was willing and is using it, but not sure how it's going.
However, it's only the "global" default config.. there are no per-User/per-Domain configs setup for this yet, as DA has to set those up via templates that don't yet exist :)
So right now, if it's used, then it's just a generic scanner that can only be adjusted globally for all accounts.

Also note, we've literally never tested it yet. The rspamd binary "should" compile and run now, and the exim.conf should support it once set and ./build exim_conf is run..
But beyond that, you're in uncharted territory :) Any questions asked would basically be referred to to google.

John

Not really, I just tested whether it compiles and it does so now on Debian. So I guess we're a bit in deadlock here. I'm not willing to test it on any of our productions servers until DirectAdmin really supports it. It's really a shame since it looks to be so much better than SpamAssassin at the moment.

it's currently "supported" in a very minimal sense.
It should compile, run, and exim.conf 4.5.9 should be able to use it to scan emails with headers added.

However, it's lacking any configuration, meaning DA does not control per-User settings.. so everything is done globally, same settings for all.
You can change them, or even manually setup the per-User/domain settings, but we've not gotten that far yet :)
No ETA for the configs at this time.

John

I've made a guide here:
https://forum.directadmin.com/showthread.php?t=56709

Note, it's still very much ALPHA, so not recommended for production yet.
DA also does not setup any per-User/Domain configs, so it's just one global scanner, same settings for all.
Any other issues/questions can be created right in the new Rspamd forum itself.

I've pre-closed/stickied the new guide thread, to keep things clean (let me know if you cannot see it)

John

Back