Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RSpamd stable?

RSpamd stable?

Hi there,

noticed a rspamd option in the CB2 build script. Did anyone already try this in production in stead of SpamAssassin? Is there any chance this will be automatically linked to the markasjunk plugin with some IMAPSieve magic?

Not ready yet. Have to code it into SB 4.6.x, which doesn't exist yet
    It will be great once we get it going, as it will allow rspamd to be enabled by default, as well as SB/ESF/BC.

John

Can't wait for this!

Support for rspamd would be very nice! I have the feeling SpamAssassin is not very well maintained anymore because the latest version is from 2.5 years ago.. That's a long time in software land

I would also like support for rspamd. Found this old article about rspamd wich was good reading: https://lwn.net/Articles/649940/ - and here is the comparison between rspamd and spamassassin: https://rspamd.com/comparison.html

Can't also wait for this!

Looks great indeed. Would be nice if it would be implemented.
    Greetings, Richard.

Yes please +1

Any news on the progress on SB 4.6.x? Maybe this thread should be moved to the SpamBlocker4 forum?

Rather a new forum section maybe because Spamblocker4 is an adjusted exim.conf for several spam countermeasures.
    Greetings, Richard.

Hey Guys.
    Any news for RSpamd ?

what is
    https://www.magicspam.com/news/2017-...irectadmin.php
    work magicspam native with DA ?

Thanks Mario

John is still reading up about RSpamd as far as I know, maybe you could open a ticket as well to remind him about it?

Magicspam sounds promising as well, anything that's better than the current basic spam fighting tools would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Mario,

If to believe the information from the page it works. I did not test it myself yet, but I've heard about MagicSpam some time before, and one of our customers runs it on a number of DA servers. No issue reported since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Marwen View Post
    work magicspam native with DA ?

Yes, still learning. Started to move forward an immediate ran into compile issues. Will continue to chip away as time progresses, as this is a very exciting new option. It would likely means we have spam scanning enabled by default with installs (as SpamAssassin is less reliably compiled automatically due to various perl/cpan dependencies, aside from taking a very long time).

John

We are definitely looking forward to this as an option. Has any further progress been made?

We used to run MailFoundry devices ahead of our DA servers which worked very well (until they were bought out by Barracuda and pricing skyrocketed). For us, this would simply be the "icing on the cake" making DA the complete package (...it already is the best control panel available).

Still looking forward to this as well, opened a ticket about this back in September to remind them once in a while so they're still investigating this as far as I know. Couldn't agree with you more by the way!

Hi,

I see now we have option in custombuild for Rspamd which is great news!
    ./build rspamd

what does custombuild do exactly?

What about a user interface in Directadmin, is there a DA plugin? I am not finding any documentation on Rspamd from Directadmin.

thanks for any help.
    Last edited by bluebirdnet; 05-18-2018 at 07:27 AM.
    -

They're working on it, but it would hurt to open a ticket about this on https://tickets.directadmin.com just like I did last year.

Latest news I have is that Martynas has it running on CentOS, they were working on exim.conf changes last month, so hopefully they're about ready now.

Quote Originally Posted by tristan View Post
    They're working on it, but it would hurt to open a ticket about this on https://tickets.directadmin.com just like I did last year.

Latest news I have is that Martynas has it running on CentOS, they were working on exim.conf changes last month, so hopefully they're about ready now.
    Thanks for reply Tristan.

I would say its already ready with Exim since there is now an option in Custombuild option.conf to use either Rspamd or Spammassin and we can install Rspamd in Custombuild.
    -

It's not quite done yet, but I was again working on it last night.
    Was able to get it compiled and rspamd binary "running" on a CentOS 7 box (CentOS 6 has issues due to old python.. but will work on that once we have a working sample)
    I've also got a good first attempt at the rspamd exim config files, to be included in exim.conf 4.6 and ESF 1.17. Not tested yet (not even for syntax), but the project is moving forward, which is a good sign

I've designed it to require ESF to be installed (might even work with older exim.conf versions, since all of the includes are from ESF).

John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast