Mistakenly created subdomain and now my site is down

alqaline

I'm new to DirectAdmin, bear with me on this.

I have an external server and using DirectAdmin to manage my domain. I had my site working on domain.com and www.domain.com with A records, but decided to tinker with the functions abit.

I added a subdomain of www using DirectAdmin and now my site wont work. It only works domain.com now. I removed the subdomain + directories + A records related to the subdomain I just created but still to no avail.

When I check the dns for www.domain.com using online tools it came out with 2 ip's the first one is the external server and the latter is the DirectAdmin server that I didn't use. Please help :(:(:(

It only works domain.com now.
Check your DNS records. When it's working with domain.com but not with www.domain.com then the www A record is probably not present anymore.
It might have been removed because you created a subdomain with www instead of with another non-default name and deleted it afterwards.

Go into your DNS manager and check. If it's not present, add the A record again, should look like this:
www A 192.168.1.50
replace that 192.168.1.50 ip with your DA server ip like the other ip's mentioned there and you should be fine. Could take a little time to propagate though.

Back