Icu4c 58.2

Erulezz

Verified User
There is a new version for ICU4C available;

Latest version of ICU4C: 58.2
Installed version of ICU4C: 4.8.1.1

ICU4C 4.8.1.1 to 58.2 update is available.

But I was wondering the following things;

- Why isn't the update the latest version: 59.1 ?
- Why was 4.8.1.1 the latest version for a very long time, considering this version came out 6 years ago (2011-10-26) ?

Great question.

Also, I'm having issues compiling it on CentOS 6. Will wait for an update and open a ticket near the weekend.

I didnt have any problems with the update on centos6

@jca what kind of problems

@Erulezz, totally agree, i didnt see this update ever !(or i really did miss it)

I'm getting a compile error:

fatal error: too many errors emitted, stopping now [-ferror-limit=]
20 errors generated.
*** Failed compilation command follows: ----------------------------------------------------------
clang++ -D_REENTRANT -DU_HAVE_ELF_H=1 -DU_HAVE_ATOMIC=0 -DU_HAVE_STRTOD_L=1 -I../../common -I../../i18n -DU_BUILD="x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu" -DU_HOST="x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu" -DU_CC="clang" -DU_CXX="clang++" -DUNISTR_FROM_CHAR_EXPLICIT=explicit -DUNISTR_FROM_STRING_EXPLICIT=explicit -DU_ATTRIBUTE_DEPRECATED= -DU_TOOLUTIL_IMPLEMENTATION -O2 -W -Wall -pedantic -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -Wno-long-long --std=c++0x -Qunused-arguments -Wno-parentheses-equality -c -DPIC -fPIC -o udbgutil.o udbgutil.cpp
--- ( rebuild with "make VERBOSE=1 all" to show all parameters ) --------
make[2]: *** [udbgutil.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/icu/source/tools/toolutil'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/icu/source/tools'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 2

*** The make has failed, would you like to try to make again? (y,n):

Icu4C libraries had several compilation issues on different OS, 58.1 worked on all supported systems, that's why it was included. 59.1 requires a newer version of gcc-c++ to compile, which is not available for all the systems DA currently supports.

@jca, do you have clang installed on your system?

Since FreeBSD moved to clang, I am really happy. Compiling with gcc was always a hassle to me in the past. Now I very barely see any port compilation issues.

Icu4C libraries had several compilation issues on different OS, 58.1 worked on all supported systems, that's why it was included. 59.1 requires a newer version of gcc-c++ to compile, which is not available for all the systems DA currently supports.

Thanks for the clarification :) I just updated on CentOS7 and it is compiling without problems :)

Yes I do:

# rpm -qa | grep clang
clang-3.4.2-4.el6.x86_64

I also replied on the ticket I opened with the whole compile log.

Thanks!

Removing Clang from my system and rebuilding fixed it. Thanks for your help Martynas

Back