CentOS7 MariaDB 10.1 or 10.2

as247

Verified User
Hi, I'm new to DA.
I have installed it on CentOS 7 64 bit. everything is fine excerpt Mariadb version is too old 5.5.41(2014-12-21) I want to update it.
But seem it's only able to update to Mariadb 10.0 (by update custombuild options and build it)

Code:
mariadb=10.0
mysql_inst=mariadb
then
./build mysql
I have tried many ways, but cannot update it to higher version 10.1 or 10.2 (I searched on forum and found that custombuild support 10.2 already), I tried both from 5.5 to 10.1 and from 10.0 to 10.1 but still not work.

I also found that custombuild try to download package for centos 6 instead of 7
Code:
Updating / installing...
   1:MariaDB-compat-10.1.29-1.el6     ################################# [ 17%]
   2:MariaDB-common-10.1.29-1.el6     ################################# [ 33%]
   3:MariaDB-client-10.1.29-1.el6     ################################# [ 50%]
   4:MariaDB-server-10.1.29-1.el6
Not sure if this causing issue?

My custombuild version: 2.0.0 (rev: 1767)

There is another problem that after failed update to 10.1 seem there is no way to get mariadb working back. I have to reinstall OS :(

===========================
Update errors:
Mariadb.png

Service details
journalctl_xe.png

Please help me.
Thanks,

Hello,

It would mean that you run CentOS 7 server with a directadmin compiled for CentOS 6. And custombuild detect that you run Directadmin for CentOS 6 and tries to install MariaDB from rpm packages for CentOS 6.

in order to solve you can:

1. install binaries for CentOS 7 using updateda.sh:

Code:
cd /root/
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/poralix/directadmin-utils/master/core/updateda.sh
chmod 755 updateda.sh
./updateda.sh stable --os=c9

2. Change OS version in your Directadmin license at https://directadmin.com/clients/

3. download new DA license

You can follow the steps straight-forward, or run steps this way: 2, 3, 1

Thank zEitEr,
It works.
But not sure why DA realize OS at install time and did not after that. Because when install DA it's show OS is Enterprise 7.3 and It's installed successfully with license for CentOS 7 x64. I'm also see it download centos 7 package for mariadb 5.5. Not sure why it back to centos 6 after installed. This should be a bug.

When installing MariaDB Custombuild script detects OS version via a call to directadmin:

Code:
# /usr/local/directadmin/directadmin o
Compiled on 'CentOS 6.0 64-Bit'
Compile time: Nov 17 2017 at 16:12:22
Compiled with IPv6

Thus if you run binaries for CentOS 6 it will try and install MariaDB from rpm packages for CentOS 6.

I don't know why custombuild does it this way, you might want to contact its developers for more details.

Yeah, it show same here
Code:
[root@cp ~]# /usr/local/directadmin/directadmin o
Compiled on 'CentOS 6.0 64-Bit'
Compile time: Oct 20 2017 at 15:54:11
Compiled with IPv6

So that mean directadmin install binary for CentOS 6 on CentOS 7, then if we install on CentOs 7 we should update binary manually after install :-? That is bad thing. It should install correct binary without any extra steps to update binary after install

Thank again zEitEr.

If you have a correct OS version in license there is no need to install diretadmin binaries manually.

The User ID and License ID which you used during Directadmin installation are issued for CentOS 6. You need to either contact your server provider if you purchased Directadmin license from them or visit client area at diretadmin.com if you purchased your license from directadmin directly.

Hosting providers which offer VPS, dedic servers have a bulk of directadmin licenses and they are not always contain an actual OS version. For example OVH was found several times offering licenses for CentOS 6 even we rent a server with CentOS 7.

You are free to use the suggested script to update directadmin binaries, alternatively do it manually per this guide: https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=29

My lic and os version is correct. and I have setup with
Code:
wget http://www.directadmin.com/setup.sh
chmod +x ./setup.sh
./setup.sh
And enter run setup just enter client id and lic id. so that's strange that it's display correct of version at install screen, but actually install another binary.

Back