replace paid SSL cert with letsencrypt issue

shirokoweb

Verified User
Hi,

I had a paid SSL cert for the server (servername=server.domain.tld) and the domain (domain.tld) which is stored in /usr/local/directadmin/conf folder.
That cert has been revoked since and I wanted to replace it with a free letsencrypt (installed on the server).

I successfully generated the cert and I'm able to access domain.tld, but I cannot log to DA admin through :2222 because of the revoked paid cert.
What is the correct procedure to generate and use a new free one for both domain and server please ?

There is a field for "Common Name" and a list of possible options including ftp, pop, smtp etc. but server.domain.tld

Thanks in advance for your help

Did you check this knowledgebase article:- https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=629

I just tried the command line way as per KB.
When I generated the cert for domain.tld I got this message :

Generating 4096 bit RSA key for domain.tld...
openssl genrsa 4096 > "/usr/local/directadmin/data/users/admin/domains/domain.tld.key.new"
Generating RSA private key, 4096 bit long modulus
......++
................................................................................ ...........++
e is 65537 (0x10001)
Checking Certificate Private key match... Match!
Certificate for domain.tld has been created successfully!

Which is cool, but looks like I simply renewed the cert I generated from DA control panel at User level for the domain.
The carootcert.pem and cacert.pem in /usr/local/directadmin/conf/ remain unchanged (still the old and revoked in place).

Kinda lost here

Hello,

Did you run the letsencrypt.sh for hostname server.domain.tld ?

Hi, no I didn't, i ran script for domain.tld, but next time I'll try sever.domain.tld.
Meanwhile, my problem has been solved by Martynas.

Thanks to all for your valuable inputs and trying to help, much appreciate !

Back