Can i create SSL certificate for a serveralias

DAForum

Verified User
Hello,

I am new here on the directAdmin forum. So i hope i am posting my question the correct way.

I am building a WordPress multisite with two SSL certified top level domains. website1.com and website2.nl
I have googled my browser completely full with tabs explaining on how to do this. But nothing seems to work when it comes to SSL certified domain names.

I have the two domain names pointing to my DirectAdmin server and i have the multisite up and running. (googled this)
Instead of using a domain mapping plugin i configured DirectAdmin Custom HTTPD Configuration panel from the website1.com domain.
I Added the line: ServerAlias website2.nl www.website2.nl (googled this too)

And at this point my website1.com is working over https...... and of course my website2.nl is not.
But what now?
I think that i somehow have to tell my DirectAdmin to use another path to the SSL certificate for the serveralias website2.nl.
But can this be done and more importantly... how?

I can really use some help from this point on.

Thank you in advance.

RHellem.

Hello,

Why didn't you add the second domain as an alias for the first using native feature of directadmin at user level?

Hello,

Why didn't you add the second domain as an alias for the first using native feature of directadmin at user level?

Hi zEitEr
Thanks for your reply.
The reason i didn't do that is probably because don't know exactly how.
(Add the second domain as an alias) That i did. (using native feature of directadmin at user level) This i'm not sure.

Let me give you some more info.
I have 2 domain names with both their own Comodo own domain SSL certificate.
I created a DA account and build a WordPress multisite. The .com is for the english version and the .nl is for the dutch version.

What i did for the dutch domain in DA is:
in my .com account i opened Your Account > Domain Setup
Bandwidth and disk space are same as.
Add another domain (.nl) Secure SSL is on PHP access is on.
Use a directory named private_html is on.
These options are the same for the .com domain.

Is this what you mean with native features?

I think its best that i wait for your reply before changing anything.

Pfffff I posted a reply 5 hours ago. But it didn't stick. Must of done something wrong.

Again.

Hi zEitEr,

As reaction on your reply.

(Why didn't you add the second domain as an alias) I think i did. (using native feature of directadmin at user level?) But this im not shure.
I googled native features in DA but nothing popped up.
could you be more specific please.

Hi zEitEr,

I'm afraid that's not gonna work with these ssl certificates.
I think i have to exchange them for multi domain certificates.

OK, in this case you can probably use them as separate domains, and cross-link one public_html to another with sym links.

Hi zEitEr,

I am able to exchange my certificates for Multidomain certificates.
So i will do that first. Then i will try to set it up like you said and let you know.

Back