Error when installing plugin (even the hello-world example)

flexjoly

Verified User
Hi,

When i try to install a plugin, it responds with:
Code:
Error unpacking /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/hello_world/plugin.tar.gz : Error restoring file /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/hello_world/plugin.tar.gz : gzip: stdin: not in gzip format /bin/tar: Child returned status 1 /bin/tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now : tar returned error code 2

No install.sh script was found. Script not executed.
Error with install script

The custombuild-plugin does not give such an error.
But this example and my own do :-(

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks in advance
Lydia

Hello Lydia,

Try and unpack the tar.gz manually. Make sure it's not corrupted.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have made my own upload/install script for now. But that is not ideal.

The strange thing is that the error is even with the provided DA-example.... it seems the plugin-manager, makes an own plugin.tar.gz which is corrupted indeed. But that gz is not in the original packages....
So why does http://www.directadmin.com/hello_world.tar.gz give these errors?

I have tried different zips/tars, with or without subdir <package-name> but nothing works.

Our new system is: centos7, DA 1.52.1.

Greetz, Lydia

Lydia,

You did not provide enough details which could help to understand what is wrong on your server. All what we see is that plugins fail to install. At this moment you might need to either provide more details: step by step describe what you do with screenshots or video or hire somebody from here (or other place) to work on your server on the matter.

Please note, it's very important that you don't re-pack plugin, and don't rename it's *.tar.gz file. If you re-pack it with a wrong structure it won't install. If you re-name it might fail to install either.

Back