Email forwarders not working

joren

Hi!

I recently got a new server and have started hosting sites on it. I've now created a user to host a website and set up some Email forwarding.
These are setup in the DA interface exactly like on the previous server. Unfortunately the emails aren't forwarded.

When sending from Gmail I'm getting a very general:
550 Verification failed for <[email protected]> Sender verify failed

Exim/rejectlog:
login authenticator failed for (ADMIN) [145.249.106.200]: 535 Incorrect authentication data ([email protected])

Both DA and CentOS are freshly installed and up to date.
Any idea what i'm missing?

Looks like something is going wrong with authentication, which should not be needed when using a forwarder.
Unfortunately there is too little info.

Try and make some more specification on what you want to to like:
I want to send a mail from [email protected] to [email protected] and [email protected] is forwarded to [email protected].
If that is the case, do you send the mail from gmail or are you trying to send the mail via your server (because of the reject notice)? Or what exactly did you make from existing email adresses and forwarders and how are you trying to send a mail?

Hello,

Forwarding within one domain might fail if SRS is enabled (i.e. with exim.conf 4.5.x). Please see more details here: https://forum.directadmin.com/showthread.php?t=53184&highlight=srs

So if you redirect incoming emails from [email protected] to [email protected] check exim logs for lines with your

Code:
[COLOR=#333333]failed to verify

[/COLOR]steps:

1. send email to your forwarder email
2. check exim logs:

Code:
grep SRS0 /var/log/exim/mainlog | grep "failed to verify"

3. check exim.conf version:

Code:
head -1 /etc/exim.conf

and let us know your results.

Back