suphp 0.7.2 upgrade problem

pavroo

Hi
Upgrade suphp from 0.7.1 to 0.7.2 stuck with wrong version of libtool 2.4.6 (needs 2.4.2):
Code:
Trying to make suPHP...
Making all in src
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/suphp-0.7.2/src'
make  all-recursive
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/suphp-0.7.2/src'
Making all in apache2
make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/suphp-0.7.2/src/apache2'
/bin/sh ../../libtool --tag=CC   --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../src  -DLINUX -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -I/usr/include/apache -I/usr/include/apache -pthread -DSUPHP_PATH_TO_SUPHP=\"/usr/local/suphp/sbin/suphp\" -DSUPHP_USE_USERGROUP -g -O2 -MT mod_suphp.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/mod_suphp.Tpo -c -o mod_suphp.lo mod_suphp.c
libtool: Version mismatch error.  This is libtool 2.4.6, but the
libtool: definition of this LT_INIT comes from libtool 2.4.2.
libtool: You should recreate aclocal.m4 with macros from libtool 2.4.6
libtool: and run autoconf again.
make[3]: *** [mod_suphp.lo] Error 63
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/suphp-0.7.2/src/apache2'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/suphp-0.7.2/src'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/suphp-0.7.2/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

*** The make has failed, would you like to try to make again? (y,n): n
How can I fix it, please?

Hello,

Try

Code:
./build update
./build clean
./build autoconf
./build libtool
./build suphp

and update us with your results.

Thank's for your reply.
No changes, still the same error message.
Regards

I run Debian Wheezy on my vps, and found there is libtool 2.4.2 installed via the package manager and libtool 2.4.6 installed via custombuild, so it can make conflict.
How can I force the custombuild to use custombuild's libtool version, or diffterent solution, please?

I don't have a Debian server for testing... but a CentOS 6 server has: libtool-2.2.6 and I don't have the issue to build suphp. I'd rather login your server and try and fix it. Please feel free to contact Directadmin support via tickets for a fix or me for a paid support.

I already passed it through.
The point is that the custombuild update of libtool is not compatible with Debian oldstable Jessie and oldoldstable Wheezy.
Removing libtool 2.4.2 via apt helped to fix the conflict of two installed versions of the libtool, but suphp configuration couldn't find libtool in the system, even it was installed via custombuild, and even I symlinked it to /usr/bin

I installed the newest version of libtool from Debian stable Stretch so it is in the same version as installed via custombuild, so it lets the custombuild update suphp and other missing tools waiting for upgrade after.

So I suppose the latest custombuild tools are comptible with current stable Debian Stretch, but not older such as Jessie and Wheezy.

On the other hand, upgrade of httpd to version 2.4.x provided different settings and a all my subdomains are not reachable now (access denied).

I would do that too, but Jessie and Wheezy still gets security updates.
Anyway, changing to php 5.3 back with php-fpm made all my services working back.
Thank's a lot.

Back