ClamAV 0.99.3

Do you not see other versions? (as installed)
No I just did a "gcc --version" to see what was installed. Next to that I check with "yum list gcc" and seen the same version. Same on other Centos 6.9 servers.
Or should I use other commands to check?

No I just did a "gcc --version" to see what was installed. Next to that I check with "yum list gcc" and seen the same version. Same on other Centos 6.9 servers.
Or should I use other commands to check?

This is indeed true! Please wait with this update! There is now a bug report at ClamAV. There seems to be a problem with G++. I have removed G++ on a test machine and then it works. Do not do that on production servers!

thanks. that helped.
Now I got a new errors:

==========
^
Makefile:2077: recipe for target 'libclamavcxx_la-ClamBCRTChecks.lo' failed
make[5]: *** [libclamavcxx_la-ClamBCRTChecks.lo] Error 1
Makefile:2070: recipe for target 'libclamavcxx_la-bytecode2llvm.lo' failed
make[5]: *** [libclamavcxx_la-bytecode2llvm.lo] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory '/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/clamav-0.99.3/libclamav/c++'
Makefile:1469: recipe for target 'all' failed
make[4]: *** [all] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory '/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/clamav-0.99.3/libclamav/c++'
Makefile:3376: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory '/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/clamav-0.99.3/libclamav'
Makefile:1089: recipe for target 'all' failed
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/clamav-0.99.3/libclamav'
Makefile:675: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/clamav-0.99.3'
Makefile:503: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

*** The make has failed, do you want to try to make again? (y,n):

There is a problem in combination with G++, Which version do you have? Please check gcc --version and g++ --version.

Thank you Dave but I already had done the update, hence the little error message I posted. I will wait with further actions until I read things are fixed or how to fix it on production servers.

Thank you Dave but I already had done the update, hence the little error message I posted. I will wait with further actions until I read things are fixed or how to fix it on production servers.

No problem! if I know something I'll let you know :)

ClamAV install error

This is indeed true! Please wait with this update! There is now a bug report at ClamAV. There seems to be a problem with G++. I have removed G++ on a test machine and then it works. Do not do that on production servers!

There is a problem in combination with G++, Which version do you have? Please check gcc --version and g++ --version.

root@ds:~# gcc --version
gcc (Debian 6.3.0-18) 6.3.0 20170516
Copyright (C) 2016 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

root@ds:~# g++ --version
g++ (Debian 6.3.0-18) 6.3.0 20170516

Are people still holding back on upgrading to ClamAV 0.99.3, or has DirectAdmin added som patches/fixes to ClamAV in Custombuild? I have not upgraded from 0.99.2 yet, my servers is CentOS 7-servers.

Mine failed. Also on CentOS 7

Code:
systemctl status clamd.service -l
● clamd.service - Generic clamav scanner daemon
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/clamd.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: failed (Result: start-limit) since Tue 2018-02-06 18:06:03 CET; 44s ago
  Process: 78221 ExecStart=/usr/local/sbin/clamd --nofork=yes (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
  Process: 78218 ExecStartPre=/usr/bin/chown -R clamav:clamav /var/run/clamd (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
  Process: 78215 ExecStartPre=/usr/bin/mkdir -p /var/run/clamd (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
 Main PID: 78221 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Feb 06 18:06:02 example.com systemd[1]: Unit clamd.service entered failed state.
Feb 06 18:06:02 example.com systemd[1]: clamd.service failed.
Feb 06 18:06:03 example.com systemd[1]: clamd.service holdoff time over, scheduling restart.
Feb 06 18:06:03 example.com systemd[1]: start request repeated too quickly for clamd.service
Feb 06 18:06:03 example.com systemd[1]: Failed to start Generic clamav scanner daemon.
Feb 06 18:06:03 example.com systemd[1]: Unit clamd.service entered failed state.
Feb 06 18:06:03 example.com systemd[1]: clamd.service failed.
Feb 06 18:06:07 example.com systemd[1]: start request repeated too quickly for clamd.service
Feb 06 18:06:07 example.com systemd[1]: Failed to start Generic clamav scanner daemon.
Feb 06 18:06:07 example.com systemd[1]: clamd.service failed.

This is in the logs

Code:
Feb  6 03:20:02 server01 systemd: Starting Generic clamav scanner daemon...
Feb  6 03:20:02 server01 systemd: Started Generic clamav scanner daemon.
Feb  6 03:20:02 server01 clamd: /usr/local/sbin/clamd: unrecognized option `--nofork=yes'
Feb  6 03:20:02 server01 clamd: ERROR: Unknown option passed
Feb  6 03:20:02 server01 clamd: ERROR: Can't parse command line options
Feb  6 03:20:02 server01 systemd: clamd.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Feb  6 03:20:02 server01 systemd: Unit clamd.service entered failed state.
Feb  6 03:20:02 server01 systemd: clamd.service failed.
Feb  6 03:20:02 server01 systemd: clamd.service holdoff time over, scheduling restart.

How can I get it back up and running?

Last edited:
Are people still holding back on upgrading to ClamAV 0.99.3, or has DirectAdmin added som patches/fixes to ClamAV in Custombuild? I have not upgraded from 0.99.2 yet, my servers is CentOS 7-servers.

I upgraded when 0.99.3 became available and so far it's running without any issues.

@Fred. Did you try to downgrade back to 0.99.2?

I upgraded when 0.99.3 became available and so far it's running without any issues.

@Fred. Did you try to downgrade back to 0.99.2?

I would like to do that, but I don't remember how to do that.
Do you know?

Thx. :)

Ok, I found this handy tool :cool:
https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=565

So I tried to downgrade back to 0.99.2 (That one was working before) but now it also fails.

This is where it fails

Code:
checking for OpenSSL installation... /usr
checking for SSL_library_init in -lssl... no
configure: error: Your OpenSSL installation is misconfigured or missing

*** There was an error while trying to configure clamav.

Last edited:
How can I get it back up and running?

Can you change --nofork=yes by --foreground=yes in /etc/systemd/system/clamd.service? Does it work?

No, the problems with the latest ClamAV version can't solved by DirectAdmin. This must be done by ClamAV. There is a bug report but they have not responded yet. :(

root@ds:~# gcc --version
gcc (Debian 6.3.0-18) 6.3.0 20170516

root@ds:~# g++ --version
g++ (Debian 6.3.0-18) 6.3.0 20170516

Thank you! With this version we also have problems. For the time being, remains at ClamAV version 0.99.2.

Can you change --nofork=yes by --foreground=yes in /etc/systemd/system/clamd.service? Does it work?

Thank you so much for that Dave :cool:
That worked, ClamAV 0.99.3 is up and running.

From what I read --nofork is outdated and we should use --foreground from now.
I'm glad I learned something. :D

Since today, ClamAV 0.99.4 is out with fixes for GCC 6 and C++11 compatibility issues. Can you test if you can now build ClamAV?

I have sent DirectAdmin a message or they can add it to the files! :)

Thank you dave097 for the information and letting directadmin know
I'm also waiting on this new version because of the compile errors

On my systems it installed, I just got an error notice that "clamdtop" would not be installed since ncurses could not be found.
However, nurses is installed and latest version so I don't understand this one.

For the rest it looked good on my systems.

Back