Letsencrypt Wildcard Certificates available Saturday 27:th

helix

Will it be able to install a wildcard certificate tomorrow if I have latest DA?

If, so, anybody know how?

Hello,

Directadmin does not support wildcard cert from Let's Encrypt as of now.

@sx00199, Support for wildcard certificates was announced 1 hour ago. DirectAdmin would need more then 1 hour to add support for wildcard certificates. :)

But this is great news. I really hope DirectAdmin can add support for this before the next DirectAdmin version is released. Hopefully they will make it so that all new certificates is automatically wildcard certificates, and whenever a existing domain is renewed, it is made as a wildcard certificate. It would really make subdomains and SSL in DirectAdmin more user friendly!

Last edited:
Hello!

We're also very excited about the new LetsEncrypt wildcard functionality.
In attempt to help stop the flood of emails requesting it (24 hours after it was available), I'll make an official post here :)

1) Yes we will be adding it to DA.
2) No, it won't make it into 1.53.0 which is already in the process of being released.

So should be in the next release of DA after 1.53.0.

Cheers!

John

Wildcard question

Let's say we have intentionally separated some subdomains in a different reseller/user, using local IPs for intranet only (example - the hotel hotspot (hotspot.ourdomain.com) portal that is only accessible from users connected to the wi-fi networks - i.e. IPs of the 10.x.x.x or 192.x.x.x). For obvious reasons, we need SSL there, as well as on the main domain (www).

Will the planned wildcard option be able to place the wildcard certificate on *ALL* accounts that have xyz.ourdomain.com if the wildcard is generated on the primary domain (account)?

1) Yes we will be adding it to DA.
2) No, it won't make it into 1.53.0 which is already in the process of being released.

So should be in the next release of DA after 1.53.0.

Hello John,

It's great to hear that you're working on it, thank you very much for keeping the DA up to date.

Is there any prediction of how long it takes? Some customers are asking us.

Tks!

Back