Change name in /home

Mattpl

Verified User
Hi I have create througt DA account a with domain aaa.pl , from ssh create foldr bbb.pl in /home/a/domains/
Now when I change from ssh or ftp name bbb.pl to aaa.pl (original aaa.pl remove/rename) site starts correctly but my quastion is what with DA? This change is ok? Maybe DA link to original folder and this change can crash something?

Hello,

You should use Directadmin interface in order to rename domains. If you just replaced content from bbb.pl to aaa.pl it should be fine if you keep directory structure the way directadmin is expecting it to be.

structure is the same ( in bbb.pl is new version of aaa.pl)

Mainly the question is whether there are any configurations etc. connected to the aaa.pl folder. Although I create the same folder with the same user. I will describe maybe once more

original aaa.pl folder and additionally created bbb.pl folder in both the same page with the same structure. The only change is the actiulization of certain functions.
For example, I change the name aaa.pl to aaa.pl_old and the new content in bbb.pl on aaa.pl

It's OK to update content that way you did. If you don't see 403 error in a browser after it then everything should be fine. Just keep in mind to move/copy logs and stats folders whenever it's required.

Back