nginx 1.13.8 mainline

dmacleo

Verified User
how to get this added to custombuild? tried using version number but doesn't download.

Not all mainline versions are added to CustomBuild ( http://files1.directadmin.com/services/custombuild/ , sort by recents), I don't know why. I just always do this;

- wget the nginx-1.13.8.tar.gz file from the nginx website to /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
- Edit custom_versions.txt with the correct version number
- ./build update
- Verify with ./build versions of the update is recognized
- Then finally do ./build nginx

I will try that, thanks much.
do any addon modules (like --with-mp4, etc) carry over?

If you have any configuration files in /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/custom/nginx/, yes.

Maybe this thread and post might be useful to you?

You only have to change the version from 1.9.11 to 1.13.8 and follow the steps mentioned there.

Using this for quite some time now and it works like a charm.

If you have any configuration files in /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/custom/nginx/, yes.
cool
Maybe this thread and post might be useful to you?

You only have to change the version from 1.9.11 to 1.13.8 and follow the steps mentioned there.

Using this for quite some time now and it works like a charm.

I actually just came across that thread and was going to follow it when I have a chance, thanks

You could even use this way to update nginx:

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/poralix/directadmin-utils/master/nginx/build_nginx -O /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build_nginx
chmod 755 ./build_nginx
./build_nginx

A script to install a mainline version of NGINX with custombuild2. A version number of NGINX mainline is taken from NGINX's trac site.

Usage:

./build_nginx versions - to update information of available mainline version
./build_nginx install - to download and install the latest mainline version

iirc I saw that on your webpage and was also looking at it, thanks

You could even use this way to update nginx:

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/poralix/directadmin-utils/master/nginx/build_nginx -O /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build_nginx
chmod 755 ./build_nginx
./build_nginx

A script to install a mainline version of NGINX with custombuild2. A version number of NGINX mainline is taken from NGINX's trac site.

Usage:

./build_nginx versions - to update information of available mainline version
./build_nginx install - to download and install the latest mainline version
that...was so darned simple it should be outlawed LOL
seemed to work very well and took literally 2 minutes max

It's even possible to run a crontask:

Code:
echo "1 2 * * * root /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build_nginx cron" >> /etc/cron.d/directadmin_custom

if you want to update a version every day. It won't upgrade nginx, but only update information about its version and download a tar.gz file when a new version is available.

As soon as a new version of nginx comes out and its binary is downloaded you can use custombuild native script as usual to install/update nginx.

Code:
./build nginx

or

Code:
./build update_versions

or stick to the custom script.

Code:
./build_nginx install

will this also work of I am using nginx as rev proxy?
I can't see any reason it would not, but am experimenting with some configs on my end to apply to someone eleses server so am curious.

So much useful with reply of zEitEr.
Thank you, I will try to run update today soon possible.

Back