Thread: Issue deleting nameserver on one IP address

Issue deleting nameserver on one IP address

Hello,

I have an issue with deleting the nameserver on one IP address. I have admin, reseller and user access. I had an issue with DNS on my website and I was trying to solve it by changing name servers.

I added a name server to my user address with the create button (in reseller account). An error message was displayed saying I needed 2 IP adresses for adding a nameserver. Strangly it was added to one IP address when I returned to the name server page! Now I need to delete the name server from that IP address, because it is wrong. However I get the same error message (2 IP addresses needed) when deleting and the one name server stays on the user IP address. I have two IP addresses, but one is a sever address to which a name server can not be attributed My thought was I will add a name server to that server address also so I can delete from 2 IP addresses.

I added a screen shot.

Does anyone have a suggestion how to remove the nameserver from the one (user) IP address in the reseller account?

BR, EVOName server DA deleting.png

Hello,

Actually those NS on IP-management page do not change much... I don't set them at all on my servers and server of my clients. More important is what you have in directadmin.conf and users/resellers settings.

I'd rather go to /usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/ips/ and update the records there.
    With regards, Alex.

Professional Server Management for web hosting companies and individuals
    Hourly Support, Disaster Recovery, Server Hardening, Monthly Subscription
    Directadmin installation and optimization

Click here if you need a Linux Admin

Hello Alex,

Thank you. In that case I will not try any longer to delete the NS from the IP in the IP management menu. I have set the records manually using the DA interface.

BR, EVO