Possibility to change 'landing' directory on ftp login for all users

firfin

Verified User
Hi,

This is more of a user problem which I am trying to lighten. This might belong in the reseller forum section I am not sure. Most users are confused when they land in their home dir after logging in with FTP. Many expect to arrive in /public_html of their main domain. I think it might be easier if they land in that page immediately. I know this can easily be set in their ftp client, but they don't.

Is there a way to set where Userz land when they log in with ftp (ssh should remain the home dir) ?
More advanced users may need to go up to domains or even higher up the tree of course and should still be able to do so.

Is there a way to set this as default for all Users?

Hello,

That's directadmin which allows to host several domains per user account unlike others....

For ProFTPd it is /etc/proftpd.passwd where you can change user's directory to public_html, but I'd rather not do that at all, as FTP users will lose access to anything upper it.

So you'd better add separate FTP users limited to public_html directory of a desired domain.

Thanks for your answer. I thought that there would be a generic automatic way to satisfy both constraints. Thank you for confirming.

Back