Thread: Update process downgrades PHP 5.6.32 to 5.5.38

Question Update process downgrades PHP 5.6.32 to 5.5.38

Hey folks,

I was just performing a test using DA 1.52.1 on CentOS 7 with custombuild 2.0.0 (rev 1828) and noticed the update process actually downgrades PHP.

Before updating, DA CMD_SYSTEM_INFO would display that I'm using PHP 5.6.32. I then went through the following update process:

Code:
    cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
    ./build update
    Next I checked what updates were available using:

Code:
    ./build versions
    I noticed it said it was going to 'upgrade' php 5.6.32 to 5.5.38 but assumed it was a typo and then proceeded using:

Code:
    ./build update_versions
    After the process completed I then checked CMD_SYSTEM_INFO again and poof: PHP 5.5.38. Perhaps I overlooked something in the changelogs, but is there a reason the downgrade process 'upgrades' to PHP 5.5.38?

Hello,

Try

Code:
    ./build set php1_release 5.6
    ./build versions
    and ./build php

hey Alex,

Thanks for your suggestion, however I already had my installation updated to 7.1 using similar steps (and used php2_release to alternate between 5.6 and 7.1).

What I'm looking for is not so much the 'how' I can fix this, but 'why' I need to fix this. When this happened, the first thing I assumed was that it was a bug (which is what I'm trying to determine).

No edit function for posts? Either way I figured out the why part: seems like php1_release by default is set to 5.5. Interesting choice but so be it..

When you run an installation script for Directadmin setup.sh you are asked what do you want:

- default set of software: apache+php+mysql with a pre-defined versions
    - choose versions yourself

So that's what you should look at... and find out what you selected while installation.