DA on freenas jail (freebsd 11.1)

sajansen

Hey,

I was moving my DA from a VM to a jail for much better performance and more flexibility with space. I had some trouble with installing but got through it when i disabled these packages in the "./build all d"

/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/custom_versions.txt:
Code:
pcre:0:
libmcrypt:0:
mcrypt:0:
libsrs_alt:0:

after some setting up for use inside a lan, i got about 50 % working. DA seems to be fully working but when i uploaded my photo album i started to get some problems. for some reason the pictures wouldn't load.
I tried creating a new album - clean/empty - and it looked like it should. i logged in and uploaded a image from the build-in script of the album instead of using ftp to test. the picture uploaded correctly, it was added to the album but there was no thumbnail generated so the album didn't load the picture. At that point i knew it wasn't a rights problem on the file system. I tested with phpinfo() and that worked just fine. but for some reason not all/most php functions are not working.

I tried updating to php 7.X using the custombuild from DA but same problem. I suspect that its something to do with libsrs_alt but i have not been able to get it working. also in the logs exim is complaining about libsrs but im not yet using that so its not that much of a problem. but the php is a problem.

If you want to have a look, https://flaarisse-album.yor-it.nl

wordpress (at first glance) for example is working just fine.

the script i used for the photoalbum is: JV2 Quick Gallery 3.2
maybe its a module that it uses that is broken on my system.
also the upload script isnt even opening a filebrowser to upload pictures.

well im out of ideas...
if anyone can help me out by pointing me in the right direction that would be great :)

Is there really no way to edit my own post?... hmm

well i mad a mistake in the top of my original post.

I had some trouble with installing but got through it when i disabled these packages in the "./build all d"

that needed to be:

I had some trouble with installing but got through it when i disabled these packages in the "./setup.sh". the ./build all still is giving problems om the named packages. hence the skipping of them for setup.sh.

Yes i used the lan guide.

I just ran the "make install" commands from the second link, not all of them were installed and now thy are. I also ran "./build all d" (with the 4 exceptions mentioned earlier) and it finished. i also tried installing the 4 programs that i excluded, those still fail but should be installed from "dnf install ..."

the website does still have the same problems. i could actually reinstall and follow the order from the second guide but that would take about a day to get running again... so i hope its not needed.

any other tips?

also ive noticed that the ports might not work as im running a stable release instead of the release version (i cant change that as its a jail. jails share the kernal from the host (freenas) and there isnt a update to release yet. maybe there is something wrong there?although everything seems to install just fine

oke, i seem to be a little bit further... i changed the php mode option and now i get a message, cant write to folder.

i made it 777 te test and find out what user it uses. I could have thought of this myself but yea... its 5am and i still need to sleep -.- but its user is apache. and all my files are admin.
but ok, even with 777 on the thumbnail folder, it creates the files but there empty ( 0 Byts ) so im guessing the temp folder isnt accessible? i also tried to not save but just render every time the page is loaded... but i guess that would still need the temp folder to store it temporarily...

what is wise? try and look for teh temp folder and change settings to 777 to test or change the apache user to admin and test... both are not ideal but yea... its late and im out of ideas... for now... im going to bed.

I can't install libcap-devel. i did find libcapn. the next command faild though : apxs -a -i -l cap -c mod_ruid2.c:

Code:
root@server:/home/sander/mod_ruid2-0.9.7 # apxs -a -i -l cap -c mod_ruid2.c
/var/www/build/libtool --silent --mode=compile gcc -prefer-pic -I/usr/local/include    -I/usr/include/apache  -I/usr/include/apache   -I/usr/include/apache   -c -o mod_ruid2.lo mod_ruid2.c && touch mod_ruid2.slo
mod_ruid2.c:47:23: fatal error: sys/prctl.h: No such file or directory
 #include <sys/prctl.h>
                       ^
compilation terminated.
apxs:Error: Command failed with rc=65536

Back