Wrong bandwidth suspension in new DA

mbsmt

Verified User
Hi. I saw a strange behavior in DA yesterday and today.
I installed DA using the construction mentioned in https://www.directadmin.com/evolution.php. In these 2 days, some accounts on my server suspended for their bandwidth usages. When I checked their usages, I saw bandwidth changed to something in KB, while their bandwidth had been sent in GB. When I assigned their previous package again on these accounts, the problem solved.
I did not see this problem before. Is this a new bug in DA?

Are you able to reproduce the problem by suspending the account again? May you screenshot the problem? Thank you!

Are you able to reproduce the problem by suspending the account again? May you screenshot the problem? Thank you!

Again that problem occurred. This time I captured a snapshot. I hope you can solve this issue asap.
Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG

Last edited:
Was the account auto-suspended or you clicked something? If you clicked - may you let us know what was done? Did you modify user before that? Thank you!

Was the account auto-suspended or you clicked something? If you clicked - may you let us know what was done? Did you modify user before that? Thank you!

I had not done anything on that account. It had been suspended automatically.

Hmm.. I've gone through the code for the automated tally, but could not spot any area where the "bandwidth" value in the user.conf is set.
Can I ask, how does the 9.77 KB related to the value that was previously set? Basically, what was the previously set value?
I'm not yet seeing how the tally/suspension would be able to do that, and have not yet been able to reproduce it (but doesn't mean there isn't a bug "somewhere")

The skin itself has nothing to do with the tally/auto-suspension as it's all just the dataskq looking at the user.conf files and usage values..

If you can let us know what the original limit is, let me know the exact bandwidth= value from the user.conf file and I'll try testing with that.

If the 9.77 KB is a direct multiplier relating to the KB/GB/MB conversion issue, that code is all front-end, so that's my first suspicion, just not sure how yet.

Also, I'm suspecting the 9.77KB was already set prior to the suspension.. unless your original limit was naturally exceeded, but the issue showed up after.
Eg, if 24Meg is greater than the desired limit, it might be related to the suspension.
But if your original limit was say, 1 Gig, then the suspension would have happened because the limit was set to 9.7Kb first..

Either way, need to figure out how it got there.

John

I experienced the same issue on one server after changing to new Evolution skin. The bandwidth usage was set in kb, I did not recognize the (long)numbers at all. As I was not for 100% sure if it was set correctly in the past, I reassigned packages to all users and after that it show the correct usages/settings. So the solution was quickly, but mbsmt isn´t the only one.

Ah, maybe lucky...or not :)
On a different server the same happened, see printscreen

Attachments

• wrong_strange_bandwidth.png
    wrong_strange_bandwidth.png
    50.8 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. My suspicion is still that the incorrect value was set incorrectly ahead of time, before the tally/suspension.

Anyway, if that is true, the main focus would be on what action caused the value to be set that way...
The only ways a limit would be changed would be one of:
  1. Setting a User to a given package, which you've reported as fixing the issue... so not it.
  2. Manually setting the limit for a specific User in the Modify User area in DA.. but reported as not being done? (please confirm)
  3. Saving a package, where that package is already set to the affected User (would affect all Users with this package)

I might suspect #3 where say you set "1 Gig" in a package.
If User fred is set to that package, DA would go through all Users (fred) and assign that updated 1 Gig value to the User, but should be in meg.
I've just tested here, but couldn't duplicate it for #3 either...

If you think #3 may be related, please let me know which skin is being used to set the limit, exactly which value is selected (MB, GB, etc..) and exactly what value is entered into the bandwidth field..
that is of course, assuming this is what's changing the bandwidth value in the user.conf.

Anyway, if anyone is able to duplicate the user.conf bandwith change, let me know.
Before "fixing" it, please check the timestamp on the user.conf as this may be useful in determining when the file was last changed (but this is also affected by Users when they login, so that makes it only helpful in certain cases)

John

I don't remember any change in the packages. They were set in MB before installing Evolution, and the same value is available now after Evolution installation. Any other change did not apply on the packages or users specifications.
What about you AWD?

However, I had not such issue in the previous days. I installed Evolution and its requirements from scratch. Maybe something solved during this event. I will inform you again as I saw the same problem again.

Same here, two servers had the same issue. One server I am convinced (only 2 users) that I assigned a package in MB´s in the past (standard enhanced skin). After installing pre binaries DA & Evolution skin I saw the strange values. I reassigned the package what solved the problem. But when you have hundreds of users I am afraid it is not quit as simple.

Maybe related to this (I have latest skin - ver=a38531b5599e2c17e53c17e0dada910da985c42f)
when I try to modify an user, I get an error: Error Captured inside render on “user-package”
modify_user.png

I think it is after the latest update as before I did not get this error.

Awd, please try updating the skin, the error shouldn't be there anymore. It'd be really great to know what causes the bandwidth issue, as we haven't been able to reproduce it yet :)

Found it! We will solve it soon, and will update the thread then. It happens on user modification time.

Back