Issue after installation of hostname certificate trough Let's Encrypt

nielsvanrensela

Verified User
We have a issue after the installation of a hostname certificate.

Our DA run's under the hostname server.domain.com

We have a main user with domain.com setup as a regular user with his own certificate (not Let's Encrypt)
We have a subdomain as a regular user in the DA setup as secure.domain.com with his own certificate (not Let's Encrypt)

We've used this tutorial to create a certificate for server.domain.com, which succeeded.

But now, when we access secure.domain.com we get an error, it seems that both the original certificate of secure.domain.com AND the server.domain.com Let's Encrypt certificate are served. If we test with SSL Labs, it tells us that there are two certificates being served.

How does this happen? And for a quickfix, can we uninstall the certificate created by the tutorial to be back at the default setup?

Hello,

We need more information so that we could help you. Please provide answers to the following questions:

- What is you real domain names?
- And what is your OS version?

Hello,

We need more information so that we could help you. Please provide answers to the following questions:

- What is you real domain names?
- And what is your OS version?

Thanks for your reply;

It's client work, so I'll probably edit them once solved then;

- server.horeko.nl is the hostname, secure.horeko.nl is the subdomain created as a user
- it's CentOS 7

Your certs seem to be installed correct, you have an issue with Intermediate/chain cert of the following kind:

The certificate is not trusted in all web browsers. You may need to install an Intermediate/chain certificate to link it to a trusted root certificate. Learn more about this error. You can fix this by following Comodo's Certificate Installation Instructions for your server platform (use these instructions for InstantSSL). Pay attention to the parts about Intermediate certificates.

Check it here: https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.html

Just generate a new certificate for your hostname
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/scripts
./letsencrypt.sh request_single your.hostname.com 4096

No, but maybe you created for the server hostname a subdomain?

Regardless of installing the LetsEncrypt certificate and proper configuration of the name server (and enough time was given for domain propagation) it is still displaying “Your connection is not private” can anyone please help me?

Regardless of installing the LetsEncrypt certificate and proper configuration of the name server (and enough time was given for domain propagation) it is still displaying “Your connection is not private” can anyone please help me?

If you want a private help please feel free contact me or other guys here. You can contact me via a site in my signature.

For other cases please check: https://forum.directadmin.com/showthread.php?t=56028&p=287012#post287012 and provide details.

If you want a private help please feel free contact me or other guys here. You can contact me via a site in my signature.

For other cases please check: https://forum.directadmin.com/showthread.php?t=56028&p=287012#post287012 and provide details.

24 hrs later the SSL has been working properly by itself. I guess due to changing of nameservers too many times at the beginning got me into that issue. Thanks for your response zEitEr.

Arjun Dixit
Showbox Mobdro Tutuapp

Back