Can't access directadmin control panel login

GreyWing

Hi Guys

I've found myself locked out of being able to access the login page for the admin control panel.

Tried updating and recreating my license and it gave me an error in command line

"Redirecting to /bin/systemctl restart directadmin.service
Job for directadmin.service failed because a fatal signal was delivered to the c ontrol process. See "systemctl status directadmin.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details."

I've checked the error log file and nothing. The last time I was able to access the admin section, I was messing about with the brute force options and I think I set to clean every 12555 second instead of 120 seconds of whatever the default was. I know I've been a bit dumb :mad:

I can't see my ip in the blacklist files, I've tried from multiple ip's too. Is there anyway to reset this brute force setting as I might then be able to get in?

Many thanks
GW

Hello,

Code:
"Redirecting to /bin/systemctl restart directadmin.serviceJob for directadmin.service failed because a fatal signal was delivered to the c ontrol process. See "systemctl status directadmin.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details."

Directadmin is stopped, and does not start. Check directadmin logs for more details.

Hello,

Code:
"Redirecting to /bin/systemctl restart directadmin.serviceJob for directadmin.service failed because a fatal signal was delivered to the c ontrol process. See "systemctl status directadmin.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details."

Directadmin is stopped, and does not start. Check directadmin logs for more details.

Thank you Alex, you are right. It turned out the last update of DirectAdmin wasn't successful so did a manual update and it started working again. It must have been in a queue, so took effect after I made the changes to the brute force settings. Which is I thought it was that.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, appreciated.

All sorted.

Graeme

Back