Debian 7 error while installing

dusk

Hey guys,

I have an old server running on collocation (12 years and never had any probs) and it's time to renew.
One of our new servers won't be delivered before may 23th and at the moment I want to upgrade the old one just to please a client.
On the old machine VMWare is running with a Debian 5 install with DA (12 years running without any prob). Php has to upgraded so i added a new VM with Debian 7 as OS so i can move the clients account for the moment from deb5 to deb7.

I have the licence and clientid for the new VM (modified for the new ip and os).

But...

When I want to install DA on this server I'm getting following errors :

Code:
/freetype-2.9/include -c -Wall -g -O2 -I/usr/local/include/libpng16 "-DFT_CONFIG_CONFIG_H=<ftconfig.h>" -DFT2_BUILD_LIBRARY "-DFT_CONFIG_MODULES_H=<ftmodule.h>" "-DFT_CONFIG_OPTIONS_H=<ftoption.h>" /usr/lo
cal/directadmin/custombuild/freetype-2.9/src/sfnt/sfnt.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/freetype-2.9/objs/.libs/sfnt.o                                                                   
In file included from /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/freetype-2.9/src/sfnt/sfnt.c:22:0:                                                                                                                  
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/freetype-2.9/src/sfnt/pngshim.c: In function 'premultiply_data':                                                                                                          
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/freetype-2.9/src/sfnt/pngshim.c:54:3: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault                                                                                         
Please submit a full bug report,                                                                                                                                                                             
with preprocessed source if appropriate.                                                                                                                                                                     
See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.7/README.Bugs> for instructions.                                                                                                                                            
Preprocessed source stored into /tmp/ccPZokeQ.out file, please attach this to your bugreport.                                                                                                                
make: *** [/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/freetype-2.9/objs/sfnt.lo] Error 1                                                                                                                             
*******************************************                                                                                                                                                                  

Cannot find /usr/local/bin/php                                                                                                                                                                               
Please recompile php with custombuild, eg:                                                                                                                                                                   
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild                                                                                                                                                                        
./build all d                                                                                                                                                                                                

root@deb7:~#

Anyone knows how to fix this? I did search the forum but didn't get a real answer out of those posts.

THX

Are you sure you are running the right OS, 32 or 64bit?

Old 32bit debian does not support new freetype versions. Workaround is to use old 2.7.1 freetype:

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
wget [url]http://files.directadmin.com/services/custombuild/freetype-2.7.1.tar.gz[/url]
echo "freetype:2.7.1:78701bee8d249578d83bb9a2f3aa3616" >> ./custom_versions.txt
./build update

be sure you have latest system updates.
Code:
apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade

then custombuild
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/
./build clean
./build update

To check wich update are available
Code:
./build versions

then run
Code:
./build update_versions

If you keep problems with freetype and/or compiling php then run
For libxml:
Code:
./build libxml2 d

For libpng:
Code:
./build libpng d

For FreeType:
Code:
./build freetype d

At the end.
./build update_versions

Thx,

I appreciate the help. Still not working tho...

For FreeType:
Code:
./build freetype d

And this is when i get the error :

Code:
/freetype-2.9/include -c -Wall -g -O2 -I/usr/local/include/libpng16 "-DFT_CONFIG_CONFIG_H=<ftconfig.h>" -DFT2_BUILD_LIBRARY "-DFT_CONFIG_MODULES_H=<ftmodule.h>" "-DFT_CONFIG_OPTIONS_H=<ftoption.h>" /usr/lo
cal/directadmin/custombuild/freetype-2.9/src/sfnt/sfnt.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/freetype-2.9/objs/.libs/sfnt.o                                                                   
In file included from /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/freetype-2.9/src/sfnt/sfnt.c:22:0:                                                                                                                  
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/freetype-2.9/src/sfnt/pngshim.c: In function 'premultiply_data':                                                                                                          
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/freetype-2.9/src/sfnt/pngshim.c:54:3: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault                                                                                         
Preprocessed source stored into /tmp/cc9WqV1P.out file, please attach this to your bugreport.                                                                                                                
make: *** [/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/freetype-2.9/objs/sfnt.lo] Error 1

Thx for the help!

Sadly the issue stays.

For FreeType:
Code:
./build freetype d

On this point i'm getting the error :
Code:
Preprocessed source stored into /tmp/ccQ4L54S.out file, please attach this to your bugreport.                                                                                                                

Back