directadmin login page show dangerous

stepup

Verified User
hi,

what happen to my directadmin access page?

how to solve this problem?

Snip20180410_2.png

Google Chrome warns you if the site you're trying to visit is suspected of phishing or malware, using Google’s Safe Browsing technology. Phishing & malware alerts. It could be a false positive, but you need to investigate!

Google Chrome warns you if the site you're trying to visit is suspected of phishing or malware, using Google’s Safe Browsing technology. Phishing & malware alerts. It could be a false positive, but you need to investigate!

i am accessing DirectAdmin control panel.

If you are on a shared hosting, the domain or ip could be blacklisted. You need to contact your hosting provider or if you trust it, disable the safe browsing.

If you are on a shared hosting, the domain or ip could be blacklisted. You need to contact your hosting provider or if you trust it, disable the safe browsing.

I am using a VPS. I have check the IP it is safe, not blacklisted IP.

I should investigate with malware scans if I were you.

The newest Google Chrome just says "not safe" in the left upper corner if it's not a https site.
Firefox still has the little notices under the login section.

But these big red screens are normally a real warning. It could indeed be a false positive but I wouldn't take that chance. Install Clamav and Maldetect on your VPS and check content.
Or scan your site with an external scanner like this:
https://www.virustotal.com/nl/ and use the "url" tab.

Sorry i 'm not saying topic starter is doing this. ;)

But such links ( as from topic starter) in a Admin / Support Forum for Server control panels are in a way very dangerous to have them.

So please allow only very well checked externals links on this Support forum.
If messages in a screen everyone could typover such a message and descibe what it is , instead of allowing posting external links with potential dangerous content.

This is a warning and common thing under PHISERS / Hackers todo who want to get as much acces to credentials of Server Admins!

So please think over and find a more safe way to handle this Forum Moderators please please. ? ;)

i am not clicking such not checked external links and therefore no advise support from me, even if i can! ( Virus and malware scanners are always running behind, and sometimes even they are not allowed to...! )

Last edited:
I am using a VPS. I have check the IP it is safe, not blacklisted IP.

How and where did you check?

This big red warning is definitely an IP or domain (most likely both!) blacklist in a DNSBL provider which Chrome uses. It has nothing to do with DirectAdmin itself.

Back