ClamAV 0.100.0

Erulezz

Verified User
https://blog.clamav.net/2018/04/clamav-01000-has-been-released.html

Join us as we welcome ClamAV 0.100.0 to the family officially. You can grab it, as always, from the downloads page on ClamAV.net.

ClamAV 0.100.0 is a feature release which includes many code submissions from the ClamAV community. Some of the more prominent submissions include:

Interfaces to the Prelude SIEM open source package for collecting ClamAV virus events.
Support for Visual Studio 2015 for Windows builds. Please note that we have deprecated support for Windows XP, and while Vista may still work, we no longer test ClamAV on Windows XP or Vista.
Support libmspack internal code or as a shared object library. The internal library is the default and includes modifications to enable parsing of CAB files that do not entirely adhere to the CAB file format.
Linking with OpenSSL 1.1.0.
Deprecation of the AllowSupplementaryGroups parameter statement in clamd, clamav-milter, and freshclam. Use of supplementary is now in effect by default.
Numerous bug fixes, typo corrections, and compiler warning fixes.

Updated yesterday on few machines, but.... wow, huge cpu utilization..... About 100% on one core almost all the time.
Previous version (no config changes) - few % on top.

Anyone has that kind of issue?

Nothing suspicious in /var/log/clamd.log
100% (1 core) since 4 days....

We have also seen some big clamav cpu usage spikes but mainly after applying the meltdown/spectre patches.

Maybe you could try to reinstalla clamav and see if it has some positive effect?

ClamAV 0.100.0 install definitely doesn't work with FreeBSD 11.x.

Definitely works for me with no issues:

root@srv2:/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild # ./build versions | grep ClamAV
Latest version of ClamAV: 0.100.1
Installed version of ClamAV: 0.100.1
root@srv2:/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild # uname -m -r -s
FreeBSD 11.2-RELEASE amd64

I will reply in your thread.

Last edited:
Definitely works for me with no issues: I will reply in your thread.
You were correct. I did a reverse on pcre and discovered that VMware tools pulled glib, which pulled pcre. After I reverted back to prior to before the VMware tools snapshot, it installed fine.

Last edited:
Back