Logs are showing server IP instead of visitor's

JosKlever

Verified User
Since about 2 weeks I've noticed that the access and error logs on both my servers are showing the server's IP instead of that of the visitor. I'm using an nginx/apache setup for a few years now, but something must have changed in the last few weeks with an update. When I SSH to the server, I still can see the correct IPs in the nginx logs, but not in the Apache logs that are shown in DirectAdmin.

Can someone please tell me what has changed and where to fix this?

Everything is updated and I'm using CB2 + CB2 plugin.

This bug is already fixed in CB 2.0 rev. 1850. It's was an Apache bug.
build/update Apache 2.4.33 will solve the problem.

Hi Niels, I'm gonna try that.

Fred, this bug has been introduced in 2.4.33 (which I'm also running), so it's not solved yet.

I didn't try to rebuild yet, but I was already using rev 1863, so updating to 1850 or to Apache 2.4.33 wasn't solving it, just causing it. But thank you for the extra info, because that wasn't clear from your first reply.

Alex, I didn't know that, but the temporary fix already did the trick, so I don't think it's necessary to rebuild Apache now, right?

I'd rather rebuild Apache, as one day after rewriting configs you might loose the custom changes

The only thing that has changed is the quick fix. If I understand correctly, the rebuild will undo that but make the same (or similar) change through the permanent fix. In the end the result is the same.

Back