Cronjob on click demand

What do you think

• Total voters

njitram

Verified User
Sometimes an import hasnt been executed well or should be executed again or severall has to be executed,
then it would be nice if we could execute on click demand in DA (see attachment).
Instead of switching per user and execute.

test.PNG

Last edited:
Hello,

I personally don't want and don't need this feature. If it comes to debugging a cronjob I'd like to see its output in a real time, with probably set -x... I will have more speed when working in a shell, so I'd rather do it in a console. As I will need to do code modifying -> execute -> see output, probably use some grep and/or another commands. Again modify, execute, break, modify... comment, etc.

But it does not mean the others don't need it... If I recall it correct the feature was already requested here, so you might want to search the forums.

p.s. Why do you ask here? Do you need votes to get this feature added? Did you try contact John from Directadmin via tickets on the matter?

Hello zEitEr,

i don't think you should test on the remote machine but rather local, atleast if you want to test safely in my opinion. And localy i think you have a point, but on the localhost we don't use DirectAdmin.
We use DA for the live situation and only run imports that should run. But a lot of imports rely on external source and sometimes it happens that an external source is down and should be run imidate after it is up. In this case we have to run several cronjobs that have failed in that time, i think in this case the feature would be usefull.

We don't copy/clone data and environment of a client's server to our local machines for any purposes. Most of the tests and debugging is done on a live client's server with their own environment. And very rare cases are investigated on our test servers.

So probably our use case is different from yours... anyway I've expressed my own view and I don't intend to change your personal position or argue.

Back