Avoid logout automatically

Hanneke

Excuse for my bad English...
How can I avoid that DirectAdmin logs out automatically after a certain period.
Is it possible to change this setting and where can I do that?
Thanks in advance.

Change the value:

Code:
session_minutes=

In your directadmin.conf and restart DirectAdmin.

Thank you for the quick reply.
But where can I find directadmin.conf?
I googled and found that it has to be somewhere in usr/local/directadmin, but couldn't find that.
(I have access to DirectAdmin and PhpMyAdmin, )

Please could you give me some more information?

/usr/local/directadmin/conf/directadmin.conf

You'd need either SSH or/and admin privileges in DirectAdmin

Hello,

You can change session timeout as administrator in Directadmin, it's administrator settings page.

You can change session timeout as administrator in Directadmin, it's administrator settings page.

If I'm logged in I don't see an administrator settings page.
So I think I'm not registered as an administrator...???
Is this something I can fix myself or do I need my webhost for this?

If you are an user of a shared hosting you can not do anything to change the settings.... you need either use reload in your browser or contact your hosting company.

I contacted my webhost and got the answer:

This is something for server management and not for you as end-user.
I advise you to use FileZilla to edit files and not online.

Too bad: I used to edit my files in DirectAdmin-File Manager for a long time now without any problems (except for the automatically logging out). I have to say that I always copied the file to Notepad before editing, in case something goes wrong...

So I have the choice to keep doing this at this way, or learn to use FileZilla....

Anyway, I want to thank you for your quick replies and help!

PS
I noticed that I have to fill in an answer for "random question" in order to give a reply or post a thread. Is there an easy way of getting another "random question" when I don't know the answer? Sometimes a get a typically "English" question to which I don't know the answer and sometimes I just don't know the answer because of failing intelligence ;)

You're welcome.

I would not suggest using FileZilla for editing files via FTP, it does not have a built-in text editor; at least for me it's not convenient. On a Windows based Laptop I use EditPlus (it's a commercial software), there are free editors which support (s)FTP as well, so you'd better check them. Several years passed since I've searched alternatives the last time. So I'm not aware of new trends here.

To post without questions you need to get a verified user status, it will be automatically set to you after a number of more posts here.

I would not suggest using FileZilla for editing files via FTP, it does not have a built-in text editor; at least for me it's not convenient.
I use PSPad, and edit via that via FillZilla.

When I hit "Edit" when right-clicking on a file in FileZilla, it downloads it in temp then immediately loads in PSPad.

Same when I save a file, it uploads (not without asking though) it straight back.

Works for me.

Yes, that's why I don't like FileZilla... I personally prefer a text editor with a feature to connect to FTP, sFTP and create projects there for quick accessing scripts I'm working on.

Back