Thread: Safe to add /usr/local/php72/bin/php to open_basedir

Safe to add /usr/local/php72/bin/php to open_basedir

Hello,
    I used InvoiceNinja on my server. I have an issues that when upgrading I get the following error:

Code:
    is_executable():open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/local/php72/bin/php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/xxx/:/tmp/:/var/tmp/:/usr/local/php72/lib/:/usr/local/php54/lib/:/usr/local/php55/lib/:/usr/local/php56/lib/:/usr/local/php70/lib/:/usr/local/php71/lib/:/usr/local/php72/lib/:/usr/local/lib/php/)
    Now I try to remember to temporary disable open_basedir for that user, but in reality it just stays disabled.

Is it safe to add /usr/local/php72/bin/php to the php-fpm template for the user? Or is this not advisable?

If this is safe, is there a reason this isn't added to the template by default?

regards,
    Stijn

Hello Stijn,

Yes, you can add the path into a list of allowed, if your templates are missing it.

I have added it.
    I didn't customize php-fpm.conf, I'm using the default templates. I don't like customizing templates since I then need to regularly check for changes.

Is there a reason this isn't added to DirectAdmin by default?

Stijn

There is no reason not to add the files of PHP 7.2 into edit files list and the path into open_basedir , feel free to contact directadmin developers over their tickets system and ask them directly.