DirectAdmin Support

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

We're pleased to announce the 1.53.1 release candidate for DirectAdmin:

Version: 1.53.1 RC1

All features and fixes are listed here:
https://www.directadmin.com/versions.php?version=1.531000

If you find any issues, please reply here with reports (rather than tickets or email, unless requested) to avoid duplicate reports.

The biggest new feature will be the LetsEncrypt wildcard certificates.
NOTE: To use it, you must enable dns_ttl=1 for per-record TTL settings, or else the LE Wildcard checkbox won't show up.

If all goes well, the full/stable release is slated for June 26th.

To download this version, please grab the pre-release binaries:
https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=408

John

Ditto,

it is common to do this when installing Drupal, actual it is recommended to install Drupal with a custom path to /home/username/tmp

Can you please guide me to the document said about the recommendation to install Drupal in /tmp? I have used Drupal since Drupal 5 until now but I never see any document about that. Wondering if I miss something here?

Thanks,

Nice to see new function as the encrypted backup, i do hav e question:

1.Is this also valid for offsite backups ?
2. What if we do backup by cron ? how is this handeld with the passwords?
3.The used passwords for backup are the same as the user pass or is that the reseller or admin pass?

Sorry its not really clear for me, can you explain more ?

Can you please guide me to the document said about the recommendation to install Drupal in /tmp? I have used Drupal since Drupal 5 until now but I never see any document about that. Wondering if I miss something here?

Then you misunderstood me. I was talking about the tmp-folder, and for Drupal I think it is best to place it at /home/user/domains/domain.com/tmp (and many Drupal users do that) - I did not say Drupal should be installed in tmp. By the way, please see my "Edit" in previous post, it is not a conflict after all.

Edit: I have deleted the post you replied to, because it is no longer relevant (because I was thinking about the wrong paths).

Last edited:
Then you misunderstood me. I was talking about the tmp-folder, and for Drupal I think it is best to place it at /home/user/domains/domain.com/tmp (and many Drupal users do that) - I did not say Drupal should be installed in tmp. By the way, please see my "Edit" in previous post, it is not a conflict after all.

Edit: I have deleted the post you replied to, because it is no longer relevant (because I was thinking about the wrong paths).

OK, since you didn't mention anything about tmp-folder in your post. I understand now.

Thanks.

Is it correct that the per-TTL settings do not apply to NS records? We used the Override TTL Value method to extend the TTL for a domain. Now that the per-TTL settings are visible all records except the NS records got the overridden value, only the NS records still got the default value. Removing the NS records and re-adding them with the higher TTL in the input field does not work, the NS record is still added with the default TTL.

(for example .IS domains require a higher TTL then the default TTL for NS records, which means we cannot use our DNS records as .IS requires a higher TTL then the DA default).

Edit: /var/named/<domain>.db has:

<domainname>. 86400 IN NS ns1.<domainname>

However the DirectAdmin GUI says the TTL is 14400. Error in the GUI?

Last edited:
Is it correct that the per-TTL settings do not apply to NS records? We used the Override TTL Value method to extend the TTL for a domain. Now that the per-TTL settings are visible all records except the NS records got the overridden value, only the NS records still got the default value. Removing the NS records and re-adding them with the higher TTL in the input field does not work, the NS record is still added with the default TTL.

(for example .IS domains require a higher TTL then the default TTL for NS records, which means we cannot use our DNS records as .IS requires a higher TTL then the DA default).

Edit: /var/named/<domain>.db has:

<domainname>. 86400 IN NS ns1.<domainname>

However the DirectAdmin GUI says the TTL is 14400. Error in the GUI?

Thanks for the report. Yes, was a bug with the read.
The issue was the old design issue with the NS records being swapped where the "value" (right side) is the unique index, rather than the "name" on the left.
This swapped the internal result index.

I've tested the fix, seems to be working now.
Pre-release binaries are uploading now, available in about 10 minutes.
Let me know if there are any other issues.

John

Nice to see new function as the encrypted backup, i do hav e question:

1.Is this also valid for offsite backups ?
2. What if we do backup by cron ? how is this handeld with the passwords?
3.The used passwords for backup are the same as the user pass or is that the reseller or admin pass?

Sorry its not really clear for me, can you explain more ?

Hello,

1) Yes, it's for all backups created with a password, regardless of location
2) The encrypted password is also used for crons.
3) Not entirely clear on this question, but the password used during encryption/decryption is stand-alone.. it's whatever you set. It has no requirement to match up with other password.

John

I receive fake notifications, but in fail2ban blocked IP address "A new message or response with subject:

Brute-Force Attack detected in service log from IP(s) 5.xxx.xxx.xxx

has arrived for you to view.
Follow this link to view it:"

Another bug found: login as a user that got domain pointers under a domain. Go to domain pointers menu and click Manage to manage the DNS settings of the domain pointer. The TTL value field contains: `TTL_VALUE`

I receive fake notifications, but in fail2ban blocked IP address "A new message or response with subject:
If you're using fail2ban, you should turn off DirectAdmin's BruteForce Detector - or it's notifications - because it will still parse the logs even when a third-party is blocking IPs.

Another bug found: login as a user that got domain pointers under a domain. Go to domain pointers menu and click Manage to manage the DNS settings of the domain pointer. The TTL value field contains: `TTL_VALUE`
Thanks for the report. Fixed.

As for fail2ban, I've never really used it myself, but in the past I didn't notice it covering all services... (perhaps they've changed)
There are some fairly specific logging done in a DA box.. and I'm not aware of too many scanners that actually catch ALL things.
The outliers are things like phpMyAdmin logging and RoundCube logging, as they have their own logs (PMA for DA has a patch for a custom log)
So the recommended scanner is to use CSF+BFM together:
https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=527

John

Issues on Chrome

Hi there.
I wanted to put this here as well.
As I installed the update today, some issues occured only on Google Chrome.

See screenshot:
http://cloud.jerrix.website/sYtw

Buttons doens't show up as buttons but only shows the text and checkboxes doesn't show up. Tried in incognito and removed all my local cache in Chrome, didn't help. Then I went on DA via Safari and the problem doesn't appear there.

Jeroen

Thanks for this update, but i am still waiting for stable version.
Thank you.

Back