cannot use additional IP address

jemesouviens

Verified User
i purchased and installed an additional IP from my host, and I assigned it to admin user. now when I try to use the domain, it does not show up in the dropdown of available IPs, nor will it allow me to remove the assignment to free it up again ... it is totally useless to me in this state. Can somebody please explain what I am doing wrong?

TIA

Hello,

Did you assign IP to admin user or reseller? Do you host domains under admin user?

the way the VPS is setup, admin is the reseller to all of the accounts below it.

the IP shows in admin>>IP Management as being owned by admin, with the user as 'user' ... but when I go to IP management in reseller or user level, the IP is not there ...

I did manually set the IP in DNS management, and it is propagating now, however ... user>>SSL Certificates is telling me that I cannot install a cert, because I do not own the IP.

I cannot FREE the IP address to start over, because I can not access it to release the user.

PLEASE HELP! :'(

Owned IP would mean only user (owner of IP) can use it.
Assigned IP would mean that reseller can create user accounts with an assigned IP.

With SSL SNI enabled in directadmin you don't need to have additional IPs for SSL certs, unless you run deprecated OS versions.

Owned IP would mean only user (owner of IP) can use it.
Assigned IP would mean that reseller can create user accounts with an assigned IP.

With SSL SNI enabled in directadmin you don't need to have additional IPs for SSL certs, unless you run deprecated OS versions.

I appreciate your input, although you kinda just stated obvious facts without addressing the problem I am having. :(
I have not had any paypal sales in over a week now, because I cannot get my purchased certificate installed ,,, I am slowly going out of business. :'(

I'd rather see at least screenshots of what you are referring too... and you could try a manual hack.... add the dedicated IP into /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/userbob/user_ip.list

Code:
echo 1.2.3.4 >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/userbob/user_ip.list

replace 1.2.3.4 with your real IP assigned to the user with username userbob (should be replaced also, here is used just as an example).

Back