Dovecot 2.3.2

For me this update was a nice opportunity to start using Pigeonhole/Sieve. So with CB I marked Pigeonhole to be installed and I updated Dovecot to the latest version.
Dovecot has been updated to the latest version, and in the logs I also see pigonhole should be installed. However, the logs end with the following:
sievec: error while loading shared libraries: libdovecot-sieve.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Downloading patches/dovecot.conf.pigeonhole.patch...
--2018-07-02 22:35:50-- http://files.directadmin.com/services/custombuild/patches/dovecot.conf.pigeonhole.patch
Resolving files.directadmin.com... 216.144.254.90, 69.162.69.58, 208.167.226.3
Connecting to files.directadmin.com|216.144.254.90|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 2108 (2.1K) [text/plain]
Saving to: `/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/patches/dovecot.conf.pigeonhole.patch'

0K .. 100% 215M=0s

2018-07-02 22:35:51 (215 MB/s) - `/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/patches/dovecot.conf.pigeonhole.patch' saved [2108/2108]

Restarting dovecot.
Shutting down dovecot: [ OK ]
Starting dovecot: /usr/libexec/dovecot/managesieve: error while loading shared libraries: libdovecot-sieve.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
doveconf: Error: managesieve-login: dump-capability process returned 127
[ OK ]
Restarting exim.
Shutting down exim:
Starting exim:
ensuring ssl_dh
Restarting dovecot.
Shutting down dovecot: [ OK ]
Starting dovecot: [ OK ]

Dovecot runs, I am able to send and receive mail correctly. However no service seems to be running for Pigeonhole/Sieve. Also, when trying to (re)build Roundcube, CB says there's nothing to be done.
I looked into the logs, but besides the errors in the quote I cannot find any other errors. In Roundcube I can't find the filters.

edit:
After waiting a few more minutes and re-entering Roundcube, suddenly the filters appeared. Let's hope they will work :)

Regards,
Danny

Last edited:
With the update of the dovecot binaries, was an update of the pigeonhole binaries done too?
Try this
Code:
./build pigeonhole

It's similar to recompiling php after an apache update.

John

I am seeing some errors like the following one in dovecot-lmtp-errors.log:

Panic: file lib-event.c: line 182 (event_pop_global): assertion failed: (event != NULL)

Also I get some of these in /var/log/messages:

dovecot[40214]: lmtp: Fatal: master: service(lmtp): child 52296 killed with signal 6 (core not dumped - https://dovecot.org/bugreport.html#coredumps - set service lmtp { drop_priv_before_exec=yes })

Hi John,
With the update of the dovecot binaries, was an update of the pigeonhole binaries done too?
Try this
Code:
./build pigeonhole
I've looked at the installer logs and pigeonhole was installed. Couldn't have been anyway else, because eventually the filters in Roundcube apperead and it looks like that works. Before this update of Dovecot I didn't use Pigeonhole at all, so it wasn't installed previously.
The logs mention the following snippets:
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 Pigeonhole.Installation.txt Pigeonhole.ManageSieve.Clients.txt Pigeonhole.ManageSieve.Configuration.txt Pigeonhole.ManageSieve.Install.txt Pigeonhole.ManageSieve.Troubleshooting.txt Pigeonhole.ManageSieve.txt Pigeonhole.Sieve.Configuration.Dict.txt Pigeonhole.Sieve.Configuration.File.txt Pigeonhole.Sieve.Configuration.LDAP.txt Pigeonhole.Sieve.Configuration.txt Pigeonhole.Sieve.Examples.txt Pigeonhole.Sieve.Extensions.Duplicate.txt Pigeonhole.Sieve.Extensions.Editheader.txt Pigeonhole.Sieve.Extensions.Include.txt Pigeonhole.Sieve.Extensions.SpamtestVirustest.txt Pigeonhole.Sieve.Extensions.Vacation.txt Pigeonhole.Sieve.Extensions.Variables.txt Pigeonhole.Sieve.Extensions.txt Pigeonhole.Sieve.Plugins.Extdata.txt Pigeonhole.Sieve.Plugins.Extprograms.txt Pigeonhole.Sieve.Plugins.IMAPFilterSieve.txt Pigeonhole.Sieve.Plugins.IMAPSieve.txt Pigeonhole.Sieve.Plugins.Pipe.txt Pigeonhole.Sieve.Plugins.txt Pigeonhole.Sieve.Troubleshooting.txt Pigeonhole.Sieve.Usage.txt Pigeonhole.Sieve.txt Pigeonhole.txt Plugins.Apparmor.txt Plugins.Autocreate.txt Plugins.CharsetAlias.txt Plugins.Compress.txt Plugins.Expire.txt Plugins.FTS.Lucene.txt Plugins.FTS.Solr.txt Plugins.FTS.Squat.txt Plugins.FTS.txt Plugins.LastLogin.txt Plugins.Lazyexpunge.txt Plugins.Listescape.txt '/usr/share/doc/dovecot/wiki'
Downloading dovecot-2.3-pigeonhole-0.5.2.tar.gz...
--2018-07-02 22:34:00-- http://files.directadmin.com/services/custombuild/dovecot-2.3-pigeonhole-0.5.2.tar.gz
Resolving files.directadmin.com... 216.144.254.90, 69.162.69.58, 208.167.226.3
Connecting to files.directadmin.com|216.144.254.90|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 1814618 (1.7M) [application/x-gzip]
Saving to: `/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/dovecot-2.3-pigeonhole-0.5.2.tar.gz'
Install prefix . : /usr
script drivers . : file dict
: -ldap
Trying to make pigeonhole 0.5.2
make all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/dovecot-2.3-pigeonhole-0.5.2'
Making all in .
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/dovecot-2.3-pigeonhole-0.5.2'
/bin/sh ./update-version.sh . .
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/dovecot-2.3-pigeonhole-0.5.2'
Making all in src
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/dovecot-2.3-pigeonhole-0.5.2/src'
Making all in lib-sieve
make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/dovecot-2.3-pigeonhole-0.5.2/src/lib-sieve'
Making all in util
make[4]: Entering directory `/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/dovecot-2.3-pigeonhole-0.5.2/src/lib-sieve/util'
And it finished without any errors, except the one I mentioned before.

However, building Pigeonhole, like you suggested, works as expected: no errors and Dovecot and Exim were succesfully restarted, without warnings. A little test shows it still works.

It's similar to recompiling php after an apache update.
I know, but while using the GUI plugin for DirectAdmin I expect everything to be done automatically or just with a few clicks, not by using the shell :rolleyes:

Regards,
Danny

Nevermind my previous comment. This happens with 2.3.1 too... I will open a post in separate topic.

By the way we see duplicated emails with this version of Dovecot too. It's not fully fixed yet.

Back