Thread: [Feature Request] Integrate DMARC and DKIM into DirectAdmin Automatically

[Feature Request] Integrate DMARC and DKIM into DirectAdmin Automatically

I'm requesting that DMARC and DKIM be installed along with everything else on install of DirectAdmin.

My reasoning for this is DMARC and DKIM are standards now and almost every email provider not only requires all email to be DMARC and DKIM but also uses it themselves.

I agree about DKIM, but I don't agree that DMARC is a equirement. We don't use DMARC and have no problems with mail delivery.

For DKIM is just a matter of enable it in directadmink.conf file, set dkim=1 and that's basically it.

For DMARC is just matter of DNS template, I wrote also a guide on this Forum to how to send out DMARC reports.

Best regards
    SeLLeRoNe - Andrea Iannucci
    Head of Managed Service - Senior DevOps Engineer
    If you need my support write me an E-Mail to Support@CrazyNetwork.it

I agree with ditto on this.

There is also a help section for if you want to create a custom DNS template do have DMARC automatically for all new domains:
    https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=596
    Greetings, Richard.

Hello,

I guess DKIM is not installed by default because of possible issues with domains which are using remote name servers.

I believe users will have much more issues with sending emails if DKIM fails than without DKIM at all.

Or do I miss anything?

Problem with DMARC, is the rua=mailto:, p=, etc..... Like, the email address/forwarder needs to be existing (unless you can add one via the post hook script?), then you get the issue when you want to change the DNS entry ( change the email, or the p= setting ).

NB. I know the average user will not understand what DMARC even is, but still food for thought
    Last edited by Peter Laws; 07-07-2018 at 12:08 PM.

To avoid that I send all the DMARC Reports to a specific email and a web interface which show all the records (from MySQL DB with a parser that connect to IMAP and donwload and "organize" the emails).
    SeLLeRoNe - Andrea Iannucci
    Head of Managed Service - Senior DevOps Engineer
    If you need my support write me an E-Mail to Support@CrazyNetwork.it

https://www.sysblog.nl/add-dmarc-rec...s-directadmin/

This blog contains the scripting to add DMARC record (without the email option) to existing domainnames.