[Feature Request] Integrate DMARC and DKIM into DirectAdmin Automatically

nightstryke

Verified User
I'm requesting that DMARC and DKIM be installed along with everything else on install of DirectAdmin.

My reasoning for this is DMARC and DKIM are standards now and almost every email provider not only requires all email to be DMARC and DKIM but also uses it themselves.

I agree about DKIM, but I don't agree that DMARC is a equirement. We don't use DMARC and have no problems with mail delivery.

For DKIM is just a matter of enable it in directadmink.conf file, set dkim=1 and that's basically it.

For DMARC is just matter of DNS template, I wrote also a guide on this Forum to how to send out DMARC reports.

Best regards

Hello,

I guess DKIM is not installed by default because of possible issues with domains which are using remote name servers.

I believe users will have much more issues with sending emails if DKIM fails than without DKIM at all.

Or do I miss anything?

Problem with DMARC, is the rua=mailto:, p=, etc..... Like, the email address/forwarder needs to be existing (unless you can add one via the post hook script?), then you get the issue when you want to change the DNS entry ( change the email, or the p= setting ).

NB. I know the average user will not understand what DMARC even is, but still food for thought

Last edited:
To avoid that I send all the DMARC Reports to a specific email and a web interface which show all the records (from MySQL DB with a parser that connect to IMAP and donwload and "organize" the emails).

What exactly? DirectAdmin supports DKIM already, and DMARC is only a DNS record, or you mean creating DMARC reports on DirectAdmin servers?

For a start an "Enable DMARC" button like we have the "Enable DKIM" button now but managing reports would be a nice second step yes.

If you mean under "Enable DMARC" adding a fixed DNS record for a domain, then I can assume the idea is too raw. There are too many options which needs to be tweaked on individual bases, and DKIM does not have any of the kind. All of those options should be customize-able by users per their needs. Without it the feature is useless.

If you mean under "Enable DMARC" adding a fixed DNS record for a domain, then I can assume the idea is too raw. There are too many options which needs to be tweaked on individual bases, and DKIM does not have any of the kind. All of those options should be customize-able by users per their needs. Without it the feature is useless.

For dmarc easiest thing is to use postmarkapp free service hiding your reporting email too. Outlined in my guide at https://servermanager.guide/162/how-to-install-directadmin-control-panel-on-centos-7/#dmarc

Back