EXIM mail terminated by signal 11

Pzz

Verified User
Hi,

My mainlog shows:

Code:
2018-07-09 19:30:15 cwd=/var/spool/exim 3 args: /usr/sbin/exim -Mc 1fcZzL-0005H4-7d
2018-07-09 19:30:15 1fcZzL-0005H4-7d ** [email protected] F=<[email protected]> R=spamcheck_director T=spamcheck: Child process of spamcheck transport (running command "/usr/sbin/exim -oMr spam-scanned -bS") was terminated by signal 11 (Segmentation fault)
2018-07-09 19:30:15 cwd=/var/spool/exim 7 args: /usr/sbin/exim -t -oem -oi -f <> -E1fcZzL-0005H4-7d
2018-07-09 19:30:15 1fcZzL-0005HE-G6 <= <> R=1fcZzL-0005H4-7d U=mail P=local S=3903 T="Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender" from <> for [email protected]

I recieved a messaged from users that this problem is here for some days, I guess since the install off 1.53.1.

Do I have to rebuild something?

Thanks in advance!

Hello Geert-Jan,

Your case might be related to ours reported and solved here: https://bugs.exim.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2274

There is patch for Exim which you use apply and build exim from sources. I don't have information on whether or not Directadmin developers will add it to custombuild, and when it will be added into exim release yet.

Thank you very much! Well, the conversation looks impressive too me.

As long as the patch isn't in the custombuild, is there an easy way for me to do something? I'm not afraid to edit a line, but it requires some hints.

Where to find the source on my server, which file to edit, and how to compile it. I don't even know if custombuild compiles the code or if it's just an install?

The fix can't harm anyway.

Or.. Should I take a step back to the previous version ...? And how does that work..? Never did that before.

Thanks so far!

Many thanks for the hard work, Alex!

I've created a patch that fits the production source code:
http://files1.directadmin.com/services/custombuild/patches/exim.c.bug-2274.patch

and have applied it to the ./build exim in CustomBuild 2.0, rev 1887 on files1.
Other mirrors should get the new patch/build script within 24 hours.

So to apply it, type:
Code:
./build update
./build version
./build exim
where the ./build version step is only there to confirm you've got rev 1887.
If you don't, either set the downloadserver to files1 in the options.conf, or wait longer :)

John

Back