CXS on Directadmin

NaSRi

Verified User
Hello, I have purchased a cxs license, Unfortunately neither configserver nor directadmin does not provide support it :) such a complicated situation.

I have seen many people could install cxs without any problem but now I cannot figure out the following error.

ClamAV socket [/tmp/clamd.socket] not found

You must install ClamAV (Clamavconnector on cPanel) or ensure clamd is running to use this product correctly
If the clamd socket is not automatically detected, and to clear this message, you must set clamdsock=/path/to/socket in /etc/cxs/cxs.defaults to the live socket location

I have centos 7 and clamAV installed. I have done what the message says though that didn't work out.

I will appreciate if you could share your idea.

Last edited:
Hi,

As far as I am aware the core of the issue is in PrivateTmp enabled on ClamAV service on EL7 . There are two ways to fix it:

1. Change PrivateTmp to false in /etc/systemd/system/clamd.service file, and restart service:
Code:
systemctl daemon-reload
systemctl restart clamd

or
2. Define clamd socked manually - open /etc/clamd.conf, set:
PHP:
 LocalSocket /run/clamd.socket

Restart clamd, then set same path to sicket in /etc/cxs/cxs.default :

PHP:
clamdsock=/run/clamd.socket

Hi,

As far as I am aware the core of the issue is in PrivateTmp enabled on ClamAV service on EL7 . There are two ways to fix it:

1. Change PrivateTmp to false in /etc/systemd/system/clamd.service file, and restart service:
Code:
systemctl daemon-reload
systemctl restart clamd

or
PHP:

PHP:

Thank you dear, After digging into the /run/ directory I realized that the socket file is located at /var/run/clamd.socket

Hi,

Code:
systemctl daemon-reload
systemctl restart clamd

or
PHP:

PHP:
Hi!
I just registered to DirectAdmin Forum (After some months reading & using people forums!) to thank you!
It really helped me👌👍

Back