SpamAssassin Install Instruction Ambiguous

IT_Architect

Verified User
SpamAssassin Install Instructions Ambiguous

SpamAssasin + CB 2.0 - Still install perl files through cpan? One place says yes: How to enable SpamAssassin on your server and another makes no mention of it: SpamBlocker install and extra modules.

When I run CPAN to see if the modules are already installed, the install instructions state that when it asks:
If it asks you are you ready for manual configuration? [yes]
go with no, but it doesn't ask that question. The question it asks is:
Would you like to configure as much as possible automatically? [yes]
which I would assume would be to answer yes?

I've never used CPAN to install SpamAssassin in the past, but I don't recall if I did that through FreeBSD or DirectAdmin.

Thanks!

Last edited:
For the benefit of others, This is the procedure for a coordinated install of BlockCracking, SpamAssassin, and Easy Spam Fighter, which compliments SpamAssassin.
DA: Version 1.53.1
Date Installed: 7/27/2018

1. Configure CPAN:
- This step is still required in CB2.0 even though it is not mentioned here: SpamBlocker install and extra modules
# cpan
- When it asks: " Would you like to configure as much as possible automatically? [yes] ", answer yes, let if finish, and exit.

2. Install modules with cpan: Follow Step 1 only of the instructions here: How to enable SpamAssassin on your server. Installing the modules seems like it takes forever. I wished I had timed it. The upside is there is no user input required during their install. You will see thousands of errors while it is working, but they won't affect the functionality.

3. Coordinated install of BlockCracking, SpamAssassin, and Easy Spam Fighter, which compliments SpamAssassin: Follow all of the steps here: SpamBlocker install and extra modules
*Also browse the notes at the bottom about how they designed it to keep your changes separate from the the app configs so they don't get overwritten during updates, similar to Apache configs.

Everything should just be running when you are finished.

Back