Let's Encrypt API domains won't resolve

xvilo

Verified User
Hey,

For sometime now my lets encrypt setup has been broken within DirectAdmin. Now my server certificate was invalidated due to the expiry date and started investigating.
It seems that my VPS with CentOS and DirectAdmin is not able to get the DNS data for the acme-v01.api.letsencrypt.org domain.

Please see:
Screen Shot 2018-07-30 at 09.18.36.png

While it does work on my local machine.

When trying to run ./letsencrypt.sh renew domain.com I get the following output:

Screen Shot 2018-07-30 at 09.19.58.png

Custom build is fully up to date, but that would not explain why I can't resolve that domain on my VPS with ANY tool

Check if your server or VPS date is set correctly. If yes, you could try to create a new certificate instead of renewing it.

Still... you also get this on just the domain name too
DLG_FLAGS_SEC_CERT_DATE_INVALID

Check if your server or VPS date is set correctly. If yes, you could try to create a new certificate instead of renewing it.

Still... you also get this on just the domain name too

Like I said, the domain DOES NOT RESOLVE. Something internally makes the whole domain unavailable.

Like I said, the domain DOES NOT RESOLVE.
Don't use bold words unless you investigated yourself first. It's quite blunt to answer this way to somebody who wants to help.

If your domain would not resolve, I couldn't even VISIT your domain and place the error code here, correct?
Next to that, I don't know which tools you are using, but with intodns your domain does resolve.

You don't have a resolve issue, you are having a ssl issue.

I you can't resolve it from your home or company you might have other issues like a firewall issue or something.

I think you mean your SUBdomain is not resolving. That has nothing to do with Letsencrypt where you started the thread with.

Can you check you /var/named/ file to see if the subdomain is created correctly?

No Richard, the subdomain for the lets encrypt API is not resolving. It has no way of connecting.

Back