Accidentially Emptied Trash Mailbox on Several Accounts

randym

Verified User
Hello all,

I did something accidentally today. Using an email checking app called BlueMail, I inadvertently deleted several of the trash folders from the server. My intention was to have the app delete the three emails it was showing in its own trash folder not wipe everything from the server as it has done.

I contacted the DataCenter and they do not know how to help. I have sent an email off to DA Support but have heard nothing back as yet.

Is there anything that can be done or is this a costly oops that has now cost me 6 years of deleted messages? I hold onto everything, just in case. I do not have any backups available either.

Please let me know as soon as you can Thanks

I am wondering though how you could have emptied more than one trash-folder at once with a simple mailclient?

IMO, not having any backups available is a bigger mistake than wiping already deleted emails.

If a harddisk crashes, you have an issue anyway. If you want to save all, you should always backup your mail. I've used Mailstore for that, can backup to anything even to DVD.
Next to that, it's always better to save in a seperate folder then in the trash bin.

Maybe you can use something like Testdisk or something else, but it means you have to get physical access to the server. I don't know if that's an option.

Back