ConfigServer Security & Firewall - REQUEST!

Strator

Verified User
Some time ago I "briefly" deactivated CSF because there was something not quite right on my server, and I was wondering if CSF might be the culprit (It wasn't). After testing was complete, I clicked "reactivate", saw a message that said "DONE!" and went to continue with other tasks.

Today I found out that my firewall was down during all this time, putting my server at an unnecessary risk. Why? Because the fineprint after "reactivating" CSF said that it wasn't actually reactivated (to do that, you need shell access).

Can the makers of the CSF plugin (thanks, kudus, and everything else!) please replace the "DONE" by "NOT DONE!" - possibly in red? I can't imagine I'm seriously the only one ever falling into this trap, and as a matter of fact, it might happen to me again if this isn't fixed. Thanks!

Why are you asking this here?
Try the actual website of the plugin maker; https://www.configserver.com/cp/csf.html
Confusion. I thought the firewall was from there, but the plugin from here. Will do.

One of the things DA could do is perhaps autorestart CSF if it's found to be stopped, or at maybe send a message.
Since I never got replies to any posts or requests I made over there, that might be a good workaround.

A cron-script running every x minutes should work as well perhaps.
That could be annoying as well. I don't have an issue with the firewall staying off when I turned it off, the problem is when it's still off even though I "know" I turned it on.

Back