Domain Error Logs cannot be viewed by Users

TomJones

Verified User
I recently moved servers and upgraded to Centos 7, php-fpm, and MariaDB (among other upgrades). Since then, users have not been able to access web error logs. I see all the logs in /var/log/httpd/domains/ but they are root:root chmoded to 644. I have created new users since the move, new log files are created that match those permissions (so I think it's not an issue that happened during migration). Anybody experienced this before? Troubleshoots 500 errors without users being able to view logs is becoming a big issue.

EDIT: I just realized the above statement is probably not the main issue. I looked at the file sizes of each domain.error.log and realized that most are empty (0) files. The admin error.log file is populated and one user is showing a tiny error.log, but that's it. I have one site in particular that has been throwing 500 errors constantly on certain pages, so I know there are errors that are going unlogged.

Last edited:
Just to be sure, could you try:
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update
./build rewrite_confs
and see if that helps?

If not, there might be something wrong elsewhere, maybe you can do the complete rebuild, which should in fact give no trouble like:
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build clean
./build update
./build all d

It might help. Unless you already tried this.

Back