Rspamd not running

I absolutely agree that it's better to use the OS provided ones, unless for some reason a newer version is required and available in CB.
Regarding the "use Rspamd RPM" I don't agree to much, I prefer software compiled on the box as for all the software (or almost all) in CB, otherwise why not simply do the same for Apache, Nginx and so on.

The ability to build from source will always allow to enable/add feature that the RPM don't come immediatly with.
As, for example, in exim not using the pre-compiled package allow me to enable experimental features as Generate DMARC Report which wouldn't be available otherwise.

If you have a test box I would still suggest to run a test doing the symlink.
I did some test on CentOS and it is working fine, of course I used a testdomain so I don't receive spam at all, that's why I am seriously considering to install it on a Production Server for a proper test, also keeping in mind that Rspamd can read Spamassassin configurations and rules, which make very easy to switch over without losing rules that I (or my customers) configured.

The only bit I am a little concerned about (but I need to do some reading about this) is the "Learning" as I use a lot sa-learn to make Spamassassin understand, on a per-email account basis, what each single user consider Spam and what Ham and I don't know if also that is "ported" into Rspamd and how to work with it in Rspamd to to the same based on Inbox and Spam folders.

The ability to build from source will always allow to enable/add feature that the RPM don't come immediatly with.
As, for example, in exim not using the pre-compiled package allow me to enable experimental features as Generate DMARC Report which wouldn't be available otherwise.
Completely agree on this point as well. I gave John access to this test box so he'll probably have a look himself as well today.

To be honest, I still prefer build the software, also because that way you will be able to always get latest release instead of waiting for Debian guys (or CentOS or whatever) to prepare and release the package for the latest version which usually take some time and it might have some new feature (or fix) that you want/need ASAP. :)

Best regards

Didn't make this clear but they're now using the deb directly from the RSpamd repository as documented on:

https://rspamd.com/downloads.html

So they're not using the official Debian repos so no waiting on the non-active maintainer of this package on there fortunately. I don't know whether they also switched to rpm for CentOS though.

Sorry, it's Monday and I didn't notice there was a second page so I replied to something very old xD

Good thing tho that their own packages are being used, I will check if he is gonna do the same for CentOS :)

Cheers

Rspamd is not being used anymore at my server. But though i got mail messages and in DA it is still being showed as a 'stop'd service'
I used custombuild to remove it. And shows that it is removed. How to quit those spammish mailings that it isnt working? And it is not showed in DA as stop'd service anymore ?! :)

Thank you for reading and replying
Regards,
Berrie

And it is not showed in DA as stop'd service anymore ?! :)
Check the /usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/services.status file and remove the rspamd service from there. That might help.
Please next time create a new thread for a seperate question instead of upping a 5 year old thread for something different.

Check the /usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/services.status file and remove the rspamd service from there. That might help.
Please next time create a new thread for a seperate question instead of upping a 5 year old thread for something different.
This did the job! Thanks for the reply!
And sorry, did not check'd the date from this topic starter :(

Greetz
Berrie

Back