Problem with let's encrypt

Lanak

I cannot get a certificate. I am using DA 1.53.4, CB 2.0.0 (rev: 1907), LE 1.1.10.
I checked the domain's A and MX records. They are all there, but somehow I still got this error. Could someone point me in the right direction please?

Code:
Cannot Execute Your Request
Generating 4096 bit RSA key for let's encrypt account...
openssl genrsa 4096 > "/usr/local/directadmin/conf/letsencrypt.key"
Generating RSA private key, 4096 bit long modulus
...................................................................................++
.....................................................................................++
e is 65537 (0x10001)
Account registration error. Response: HTTP/1.1 100 Continue 
Expires: Sun, 19 Aug 2018 06:22:57 GMT 
Cache-Control: max-age=0, no-cache, no-store 
Pragma: no-cache 

HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request 
Server: nginx 
Content-Type: application/problem+json 
Content-Length: 178 
Replay-Nonce: 5HXkGmrlWxHCLTAtnDSIMh6WWPvVupM9Qg8YMLw9-W0 
Expires: Sun, 19 Aug 2018 06:22:57 GMT 
Cache-Control: max-age=0, no-cache, no-store 
Pragma: no-cache 
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2018 06:22:57 GMT 
Connection: close 

{
"type": "urn:ietf:params:acme:error:invalidEmail",
"detail": "Error creating new account :: empty DNS response validating email domain - no MX/A records",
"status": 400
}.

It worked with an older version of Letsencrypt. Seems something is not always going correctly with the record checks some way.

It worked with an older version of Letsencrypt. Seems something is not always going correctly with the record checks some way.

Thanks. I did go back to an older version (LE 1.0.21) and that worked fine.

I have a simular problem with Direct admin and Lets encrypt. The error is the same:

{
"type": "urn:ietf:params:acme:error:invalidEmail",
"detail": "Error creating new account :: empty DNS response validating email domain - no MX/A records",
"status": 400
}.

But in my case the issue is that when I want to request a certificate the e-mail field is missing. 4 weeks ago it was working because I added 2 websites with ssl. Now it's a problem so I think it's an update. I tried to downgrade Lets encrypt, but this was no solution. My other servers also has no issues so I'm stuck with this one. Anyone a tip?

hmmm........that make sense for that part. But how can I fix this error?

UPDATE

Fixed it, I never had filled in a working mail adres for the admin user. After changing the mail adress for admin it works :)

Last edited:
Working fine with "Upgrade Let's Encrypt"

run with root, you can upgrade custombuild too

# cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild; ./build update; ./build letsencrypt;

then

# service directadmin restart

and try again

Back