csf dropping entries from csf.allow after a few hours.

webquarry

Verified User
I have access to an external ftp server set up in csf.allow to look like:

x.x.x.x # do not delete - Wed Aug 22 23:02:50 2018

and yet after a few hours it gets removed. There are other entries that are identical (except for the IP address) and they do not get removed.

Any idea what is going on here?

I have access to an external ftp server set up in csf.allow to look like:
The "do not delete" term is not used in csf.allow, only in csf.deny.

If it's for csf.deny then check for spaces used.
I always use it like this (example)
Code:
x.x.x.x. # spammer - do not delete -
and they never get deleted on a flush.

Thank you.

The "do not delete" term is not used in csf.allow, only in csf.deny.

Ok, so given that "do not delete" doesn't apply to csf.allow, why why would csf-lfd be removing entries from csf.allow? Sort of destroys the purpose of it doesn't it?

And yes, the Ip is also listed in csf.ignore and it does not get removed from that file...

why why would csf-lfd be removing entries from csf.allow? Sort of destroys the purpose of it doesn't it?
It could be a bug maybe because this statement is used in the wrong place. Because the command to flush ip's is only for the csf.deny file.
There is no flush command for csf.allow, only for csf.deny which is the -df or --denyf command.

You could start removing the "do not delete" entry's from csf.allow and see if this helps, or ask over at the Configserver support forum. Because if ip's are removed from the csf.allow file when you use the -df command that is not good.

Or is it with another command that the ip will get deleted?

@Rahul097: Please keep out of posts if you don't know what you're talking about.

Back