FTP problems

Jean

Hello,
I have someting weird on my system. I have 5 different domain on my server (centos7)
From home with Filezilla I can access any domain.
When I am at work or somewhere else I can't access any domain, I do have CSF installed, might it be there I have to loock?

Thanks for any help I can get.

Jean-Pierre

It could indeed be CSF. Depending on if you used the ./install.directadmin.sh or not.
At some places, like work or friends, depending on routers and firewalls, direct FTP access is not always possible.
In that case try PASV ftp. However, to be able to use PASV FTP, the ports which use it should be open in CSF. By default the port range 35000:35999 is used for FTP.
If you have that open in CSF (inclusive port 20 and 21) all incoming and outgoing on TCP, then CSF is not causing the problem.

I don't know where "somewhere else" is, but be aware of the fact that some company's do not allow their employees to use FTP traffic from their work place.

Thanks for your reply, I did diseable CSF and I tried with a VPN from France, USA, Spain ... an it worked. And all those port are open 21,22.....,35000:3599 ... and when I enable CSF again, it stop working again, the problem must be somewehre else.

It could indeed be CSF. Depending on if you used the ./install.directadmin.sh or not.
At some places, like work or friends, depending on routers and firewalls, direct FTP access is not always possible.
In that case try PASV ftp. However, to be able to use PASV FTP, the ports which use it should be open in CSF. By default the port range 35000:35999 is used for FTP.
If you have that open in CSF (inclusive port 20 and 21) all incoming and outgoing on TCP, then CSF is not causing the problem.

the problem must be somewehre else.
I'm not sure. When it works when disabling CSF and stops working when enabling CSF, then csf is blocking something. Port 22 is SSH. Did you open port 20 both ways too?
If everything works with CSF disabled then it's a firewall issue somewhere. Maybe ip or country blocks, I don't know. Is it a default CSF configuration?

Back